Greg.Buerk

Active Online Monitor

OK. the problem is your Configuration. It has to be the Server or Port. Make sure the Server is a FQDN or IP and the Port is a NUMBER.

Change it, save, update config on agent.

Greg,

We have confirmed server and port. I've even tried IP instead of FQDN for server....still no luck. Uninstalled the plugin, and dropped the plugin tables in mysql, reinstalled and setup. I still have the following error in the \windir\temp\ltplugin.txt:

ASP PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in ToString Conversion from type 'Byte()' to type 'String' is not valid. 8/6/2013 9:15:28 AM

Anyone have any ideas? Shoud we be running specific versions of .NET/ASP on our server? Thanks.

Thanks for this plugin. Pretty nice. Any way to only show the offline computers and not show the online computers? I would think we could assume they were online unless listed on that tab.

Ok to show only the Offline Computers. Add the field AOM TimeOutSecsContact. Then add a filter on this field and set it to Greater Than 30.

Greg,

We have confirmed server and port. I've even tried IP instead of FQDN for server....still no luck. Uninstalled the plugin, and dropped the plugin tables in mysql, reinstalled and setup. I still have the following error in the \windir\temp\ltplugin.txt:

ASP PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in ToString Conversion from type 'Byte()' to type 'String' is not valid. 8/6/2013 9:15:28 AM

Anyone have any ideas? Shoud we be running specific versions of .NET/ASP on our server? Thanks.

Ok it must be a value returned in this query. Run it and see whats wrong, you might have a config that wrong.

SELECT IFNULL(CONCAT(`Port`,'!!!!!!!!',Qualified,'!!!!!!!!',`Server`,'!!!!!!!!',AgentFrequency,'!!!!!!!!',IFNULL((SELECT 1 FROM SubGroupWChildren WHERE GroupID=plugin_labtech_aom_config.GroupID AND ComputerID=TESTCOMPUTERID),0)),'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!') FROM plugin_labtech_aom_config;

These are my results

51203!!!!!!!!8!!!!!!!!mylabtech.dyndns.org!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!0

Now if yours looks good, then we want to knwo the version of Mysql your on cause this has to be environmental if its not configuration

Greg,

The results are as follows:

51203!!!!!!!!4!!!!!!!!vcit.vantagenetworks.com!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!1

I confirmed the version of MySQL to be version 5.1. Perhaps I will upgrade them to 5.5 :) I'll do this when I convert them to per table database structure. This may solve several issues. Thoughts? Thanks.

-jeff

Ok to show only the Offline Computers. Add the field AOM TimeOutSecsContact. Then add a filter on this field and set it to Greater Than 30.

I appreciate the help but I'm just a little lost at the moment. Any chance you can shine just a little more light on where I would be doing this? I know I can do this but just need a little more direction. Any help is much appreciated.

Greg,

The results are as follows:

51203!!!!!!!!4!!!!!!!!vcit.vantagenetworks.com!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!1

I confirmed the version of MySQL to be version 5.1. Perhaps I will upgrade them to 5.5 :) I'll do this when I convert them to per table database structure. This may solve several issues. Thoughts? Thanks.

-jeff

The issue was resolved with the upgrade to MySQL. Thanks.

-jeff

I appreciate the help but I'm just a little lost at the moment. Any chance you can shine just a little more light on where I would be doing this? I know I can do this but just need a little more direction. Any help is much appreciated.

I figured out how to do what you said. Pretty easy once I found out where I was supposed to be doing it. Only problem I see is how to save those changes once I set them?

Opps Bug. I forgot to call the save setting on close. LOL.

Ok till i get it updated here is a workaround.

Look Here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LabTech\Client\Lists\

Each Key is a Dataviews Saved Settings. The one you want to put settings in to is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LabTech\Client\Lists\AOMOnline Computers

Now if you get the setting wrong it will NOT load the dataview, it will be blank.

Just look at one of the other items and create settings just like it.

I've been having lots of false/positives lately with the AOM. I reviewed the LTAPluginErrors.txt log and this is what I'm seeing:

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 7:57:25 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in .ctor:2 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.:::

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 7:57:25 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in DoBind Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted:::

Anyone have any ideas? The LT AOM Internal Monitor keeps being disabled as well and I'm forced to reset frequently.

Thanks.

-jeff

LT-AOM.JPG.1ece5e6d6e2ef9a168d6489cfda21f32.JPG

That sounds like you have something running on the same port. Try stopping the dbagent for a bit, wait till the ltagent.exe goes away and then start it back up. Should come up and get the port. Otherwise look at the netstat and see what is using your port.

I am also having issues with getting systems to show up.

Server plugerror log says:

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 11:40:45 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in DoBind Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted:::

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 11:40:45 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in .ctor:2 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.:::

Server Plugin log says:

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 11:40:45 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in DoBind Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted:::

LTAgent v60.239 - 10/9/2013 11:40:45 AM - PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 commited an error in .ctor:2 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.:::

Client log says:

PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 Configuring Plugin with data 10/9/2013 12:00:41 PM

PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 Configuring Plugin with data 10/9/2013 1:15:25 PM

Doing a TCPdump at firewall show 0 traffic on port headed to server:

[2.0.3-RELEASE][root@fw1.cornetser.com]/root(7): tcpdump -i em5 udp port 51030

tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode

listening on em5, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes

Netstat -na -p UDP on Server says:

C:\Users\cnsadmin>netstat -na -p UDP

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

UDP 0.0.0.0:70 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:71 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:72 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:73 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:74 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:75 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:161 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:500 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:4500 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:5355 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:42000 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:51030 *:*

UDP 127.0.0.1:51474 *:*

UDP 127.0.0.1:56350 *:*

UDP 127.0.0.1:58596 *:*

UDP 127.0.0.1:62767 *:*

UDP 127.0.0.1:62768 *:*

UDP 192.168.24.188:137 *:*

UDP 192.168.24.188:138 *:*

My server config :

file.php?mode=view&id=270&sid=18ce2c3aca7497b2f9245f55a4748684

Any thoughts on why data is not flowing from agent to server?

Cubert?

AOM-config.PNG.2319f5d297fe8eb2128aa154adbea7a7.PNG

First Update the Plugin to the Lastest Release.

Then Stop the Windows Firewall,

Make sure you have forwarded port 51030 UDP to the server from the router.

Make sure all agents can reach the server via 207.188.213.41(try http to that address)

Check the Plugin Manager for 2 copies of the AOM Plugin(hope not)

Stop the DBAGent service, wait 60 secs, run netstat -nab -p UDP, see if the port is in use and what EXE is using it.

Start the DBAgent, do same as above and make sure the LTAgent.exe is using it.

Make sure the Database has the 3 AOM tables.

Issue a Update Plugins to a Remote Master Agent, Wait till its DONE. Then Issue a Update Config. It should show up in 30 secs.

Hope it helps, make sure to update to newest plugin first.

I have gone through all the steps listed and what I have determined is that the agent is not sending any data out on port 51030.

The log only has the following entries in it:

PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 Configuring Plugin with data 10/15/2013 8:40:44 AM

Each time I send a update plugin / config a new line is entered in log. I tried restarting agent and watched with wireshark to see if I could capture any TCP or UDP traffic on 51030 but only say my own telnet tests to verify that wireshark was listening.

I updated the AOM yesterday and in the plugin folder is the ActiveOnlineMonitor.dll with a time stamp of yesterday.

What else could I look at to see why mod is failing to send data from agent?

Greg,

Ok it must be a value returned in this query. Run it and see whats wrong, you might have a config that wrong.

SELECT IFNULL(CONCAT(`Port`,'!!!!!!!!',Qualified,'!!!!!!!!',`Server`,'!!!!!!!!',AgentFrequency,'!!!!!!!!',IFNULL((SELECT 1 FROM SubGroupWChildren WHERE GroupID=plugin_labtech_aom_config.GroupID AND ComputerID=TESTCOMPUTERID),0)),'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!') FROM plugin_labtech_aom_config;

These are my results

51203!!!!!!!!8!!!!!!!!mylabtech.dyndns.org!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!0

Now if yours looks good, then we want to knwo the version of Mysql your on cause this has to be environmental if its not configuration

Greg,

My results are as follows: 51203!!!!!!!!2!!!!!!!!xxxx.mydomain.com!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!1

MySQL version is 5.5.32

Thanks.

-jeff

I have gone through all the steps listed and what I have determined is that the agent is not sending any data out on port 51030.

The log only has the following entries in it:

PluginActiveOnlineMonitor v1.2 Configuring Plugin with data 10/15/2013 8:40:44 AM

Each time I send a update plugin / config a new line is entered in log. I tried restarting agent and watched with wireshark to see if I could capture any TCP or UDP traffic on 51030 but only say my own telnet tests to verify that wireshark was listening.

I updated the AOM yesterday and in the plugin folder is the ActiveOnlineMonitor.dll with a time stamp of yesterday.

What else could I look at to see why mod is failing to send data from agent?

Try Running This and lets make sure it has the correct IP\Port and its enabled

My results are as follows: 51203!!!!!!!!2!!!!!!!!xxxx.mydomain.com!!!!!!!!5!!!!!!!!1

MySQL version is 5.5.32

Thanks.

-jeff

Ok the ONE on the End Means its ENABLED by a Group, The !!!!!!!!2!!!!!!!! means its Disabled for everything unless it get overridden byt he One at the end.

So it looks like it s working. I would be thinking FIREWALLS or the router to the labtech server.

I will post up a Debug Version in a few days, this will log all received and Sent packets.