Shadoxity

ScreenConnect 4 Labtech integration - single click

Anyone got this working for the Macs?

Should work if you add script to deploy the .pkg file.

Dont have any Mac's to test with so I cannot try generating and deploying one via labtech. Should be more or less the same if you can install a .pkg via a script?

Anyone know of a way to put computers into groups by client in the SC console when using this script?

Hey Man,

Cause the groups are dynamic there isnt a way to do this.

You would have to manually create each of the groups and use something like domain to get it to put them in the groups.

I just split them between servers and computers and use the search if i need to look for a pc quickly. Can use pc name or users login name :)

If you create via the %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername% install just go to manage session groups and create a new one with the name that you choose and Name LIKE 'ltclientname*' see attachment. The name just needs to match the prefix

59ec943289154_aa3-4-20145-59-47PM.gif.44feb1e1cdfde3045d08705689cb0b9b.gif

Every once in awhile a machine will show up in SC like %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername% anyone else seen this?

Edited by Guest

Every once in awhile a machine will show up in SC like %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername% anyone else seen this?

This happens on XP Machines - Midnightbomber posted a workaround fix for that above

Or if for some reason the pc didnt pick up the custom environment variables it can happen.

I have only noticed it on xp machines though

We have ran into a issue where when using MP's QAM button to launch SceenConnect (its already been installed via LT) it will launch all active ScreenConnect sessions under "All Sessions" in ScreenConnect. Anyone seen this? We are using ScreenConnect 4.2

The QAM button type is "Launch Application" the "Program" is http://connect.mydomain.com/Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

This doesn't happen everytime either, its very random

Edited by Guest

I will be updating to 4.2 a bit later this week, so I will let you know if we are getting the same issue or not. Strange that it is only sometimes.

What browser are you using?

We have ran into a issue where when using MP's QAM button to launch SceenConnect (its already been installed via LT) it will launch all active ScreenConnect sessions under "All Sessions" in ScreenConnect. Anyone seen this? We are using ScreenConnect 4.2

The QAM button type is "Launch Application" the "Program" is http://connect.mydomain.com/Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

This occurs when the agent GUID is blank for the machine. If the field doesn't populate, it will pass the blank arguments and try to launch all sessions. I worked around this by setting the ScreenConnect GUID field to default to a value like "NULL" so that this can be avoided. That way the GUID field should never be empty. This was actually discussed in the ScreenConnect forums and I believe they have it marked as an issue to investigate.

Edited by Guest

Hey all;

Maybe I should do this as a fresh post, but I will put it here for now.

This is a script to download ScreenConnect to iOS devices. Please note that you will need to reboot your clients wks for the agent to connect to the Screenconnect server. You will need to change the script to your download path. I used goo.gl in order to keep my command line limit down.

ScreenConnectMacDeployment.zip

They are working on an API which will make all of this much easier soon. Also I would like to see labtech get behind this since they are using screenconnect now with http://labtech.me

Sent from my LG-d801 using Tapatalk

I dont get this to work, the installation is running fine, it seams to install the application, i get the GUID and the checkbox is fine. But i dont get the server in my ScreenConnect site and i cannot connect to the GUID.

Any idés?

I have been experiencing this as well, after making the modifications to the installer described above to get XP machines to report correctly. The installation runs just fine, the EDFs are popuplated, but I don't receive any new checkins to the ScreenConnect console, from any Windows platform.

I did get it to work! Just removed thhe SERVICE part from installation. And did /qn insted.

Alltho i dont get the shoutcut to work to connect to a computer.

Is anyone else having the issue where this works (script is great) but the connect button just takes me to the list of all the sessions? It isn't auto-loading the requested session. If I try to copy/paste the link (with correct GUID) I get to the same spot. Maybe I'm on a different version of SC but the one-click isn't working for me.

UPDATE - My issue was that I was on an older version of SC. Need to be on version 4 or above. I just updated to the latest and everything worked fine.

The Windows version still works pretty well in 4.4. I am curious about the Mac version though. How exactly do you go about setting up the Mac preinstall agent to allow for client name? Labtech doesn't set environmental variables on Mac, or Linux, so I can't use the same environmental variable for Mac.

I figured out where the GUID was located; under /opt/screenconnect-/ClientLaunchParameters.txt. In that file, it is after the &s= command and before the next & command. I can pull that pretty easy by using a few different commands. (I say easy, but I have been working on this about 12 hours straight...)

--- Find pkg ID of screenconnect folder under /opt/ ---

find /opt/ -name 'screenconnect*'

--- Get contents of file ---

Variable Set > File Contents > %shellresult%/ClientLaunchParameters.txt

Labtech doesn't give the abilty to "Split" by multiple characters. So, I split by the single character allowed by Labtech; '&'; and loop through all of it. I posted my XML for pulling GUID's from Mac machines to the same location as the Windows machines do.

ScreenConnect_Mac_Get_GUID.zip

You can also group them by client name in ScreenConnect using the CustomProperty1 criteria. The script creates the session for each machine using the labtech client name as the Organisation name in ScreenConnect. CustomProperty1 is the field name for Organisation so criteria for each group would be

CustomProperty1 = 'clientname'

where clientname would be the Labtech client name.

Mine didn't automatically create the LT client name in the oragnisation name in screenconnect.. Did you modify the script to do this ?

Shawn

You can also group them by client name in ScreenConnect using the CustomProperty1 criteria. The script creates the session for each machine using the labtech client name as the Organisation name in ScreenConnect. CustomProperty1 is the field name for Organisation so criteria for each group would be

CustomProperty1 = 'clientname'

where clientname would be the Labtech client name.

Mine didn't automatically create the LT client name in the oragnisation name in screenconnect.. Did you modify the script to do this ?

Shawn

You are referring to the Windows clients, correct? When you created your msi file, did you set it to Specific Value and set the value to %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername% in the Name or Organization boxes?

Yep. Midnightbomber refers to screen connect pulling the labtech client name into the screen connect organisation name. Mine doesn't.

Everything else is working 100%

Yep. Midnightbomber refers to screen connect pulling the labtech client name into the screen connect organisation name. Mine doesn't.

Everything else is working 100%

Interesting! What does it name the client then? Does it specifically name it "%ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%" as if it didn't see the variables on the machine, or does it just pull in the computer name only?

The client is named correctly, clientname.computername, but the organisation name in SC is empty.

Gotcha. I know for mine, I changed it from just Computer Name to Specific Value, and I put the top box as %ltcomputername% (with the % signs) and I set the Organization as %ltclientname%. I then end up creating custom Session Groups, http://help.screenconnect.com/Managing_session_groups, and sort them by the Organization. I just put in the command below, with the as the actual Labtech client name. It does require the ' quotes and the * at the end if you use like, from what I can tell. Anyway, if you create your MSI with nothing in the Organization, then it won't create anything for the Organization area.

Alternatively, it does get kind of wonky with XP machines. There is someone in this thread that fixed that somehow, but I have so few XP machines that I just set them manually. If you have a lot, you would want to do your XP machines a specific way as noted in this thread.

Session Filter:

CustomProperty1 like '*'

The client is named correctly, clientname.computername, but the organisation name in SC is empty.

Just as a bit of an additional, "nerdy" thing to note. I also created a Session Group called "Groupless" to track any machines that don't have groups. By default, CustomProperty1 is set to Organization. With that in mind, when I create a new Session Group, I also add the NOT filter to my Groupless group. It makes it easy to track all the new client installs.

Groupless Session Filter:

CustomProperty1 NOT like 'Client1*' AND CustomProperty1 NOT like 'Client2*' AND CustomProperty1 NOT like 'Client3*'

The really sweet thing about setting up the clients this way is that you can limit certain clients to certain techs. If I have my MSP setup where I have only some clients on my Tier1, and other clients going directly to Tier2, then I can give only individual Session Group access to my Tier 1 folks, under Admin > Security > Roles. I just started my trial of the software on Monday this week, and I am really enjoying it.

I have only had it freeze up on me once while I was trying to drag and drop an Excel spreadsheet from my desktop to the users desktop, and I just switched over to LabVNC and continued my work. Unless I hit some sort of huge hurdle, I am definitely purchasing ScreenConnect.