Shadoxity

ScreenConnect 4 Labtech integration - single click

I know this is a noopb scritpting question.. :geek: :roll:

Has anyone managed to get a uninstall/reinsall sript for ScreenConnect ? I have deployed a few agents and i want to redeploy them with the updatied branding etc...

I know this is a noopb scritpting question.. :geek: :roll:

Has anyone managed to get a uninstall/reinsall sript for ScreenConnect ? I have deployed a few agents and i want to redeploy them with the updatied branding etc...

I realised that you can reinstall the clients from ScreenConnect, and it updates the clients with any updates to the client software.

Does the Reinstall option from inside ScreenConnect update all the branding? FYI, the Reinstall option is also a good way to restart the agent. If you are having issues like no screen when connecting, you can do the reinstall option and it is a good way to restart the agent on the client side.

I know nothing about screenconnect and I'm trying to get it working without much luck. In the initial article it says

First you will want to create an MSI file from the access part of screenconnect. Set the msi to use a specific value and enter in %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%

This will name the computer "Company Name.Computer name" in Screenconnect.

where is this access part of screenconnect? I am at a loss as to how this informs the client machines that they have to connect to a particular address.

also, is MPs plugin the only way to add a menu link to the url?

I worked out how to create an 'access' installer - talk about making live difficult. I don't think the UI could be any less helpful. Its not even consistent with the webpage in its terminology.

So, I can generate an installer.

When you go to request the download of the installer from the admin page it asks you for a name and organization. Does it matter what we put in these fields to be able to integrate with LT?

I worked out how to create an 'access' installer - talk about making live difficult. I don't think the UI could be any less helpful. Its not even consistent with the webpage in its terminology.

So, I can generate an installer.

When you go to request the download of the installer from the admin page it asks you for a name and organization. Does it matter what we put in these fields to be able to integrate with LT?

Set the msi to use a specific value and enter in %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%

Just had a support call with LabTech and they sent me to LabTech.me which is screenconnect. Now there using it we need to bang on them how much we want it integrated by them

That is certainly true for most companies, but I don't think Labtech thinks that way. Look at how many different backup solutions they offer and try to integrate into their system. I'm pretty sure you can buy 3 different A/V apps and 3 or 4 different backup products. Having Teamviewer and ScreenConnect does not seem far fetched. Plus, not everyone is going to want or have the ability to have their own server to manage ScreenConnect.

How does this work for upgrading? If we put the newest MSI in the deployment folder

If you upgrade your server, you can go into ScreenConnect and select All Machines and go to More > Reinstall. This does 2 things. It reboots the agents, if you ever wanted to just reboot the agent, and it will also upgrade. It goes almost instantly, so when you want to upgrade, do it through ScreenConnect Host console.

Also, if you simply put the newest MSI in the downloads folder, all new agents will be the newest version, but I am not real sure how long it will take the others to update. It won't "deploy" to them, because they already have ScreenConnect on them.

What version of LabTech does this integration currently work on? I'd like to know before I start diving in head first. Thanks for all the very useful information.

What version of LabTech does this integration currently work on? I'd like to know before I start diving in head first. Thanks for all the very useful information.

It is just scripts and EDF so I'd imagine it could go pretty far back in versions as this is a very simple integration. The main difference on my installation is that, after I imported the scripts I changed the names of the tabs and fields. I also changed the way I use it. I didn't want to have to open the computer screen every time I needed to log in, as that is too time consuming. I created a command that launched my default browser and used the GUID to go directly to the Join screen.

Effectively, if I'm already logged into ScreenConnect in my default browser, then my Commands > Screen Connect will auto log me into the machine without the need for a Tunnel, which is the main reason I purchased ScreenConnect. I went ahead and threw the config in below in case anyone didn't already know how to do it. Please note that there are 2 forwardslashes between machines and the GUID, and the All is missing an L. Not sure why, but this does specifically work. Don't change anything except your server URL if you use my method below.

Dashboard > Config > Configurations > Menus

Name: Screen Connect

Program: cmd.exe

Arguments: /c start http:///Host#Al%20Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

Anyone know how to do any of the following with the msi?

* Install with a custom service name

* Install and not start the service

I know I can stop the service with a script but Id like to try and not have the service start at all.

I've been trying to pursue another method, but haven't been getting very far with it. They now have a windowsclient.exe session launcher that initiates a SC session from the client side. It seems like it should be possible to just launch this client programatially, and there are a few discussion about it:

http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postsm17519_Guest-and-Host-autojoin-command-line.aspx

http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postst4399_Commandline-switches.aspx

It seems like it should be possible to just deploy this generic windowsclient.exe launcher, and then create sessions on demand using Labtech scripting, but I am not getting very far following along in these threads.

This would be a great solution though, if it would work - less administrative effort about organizing a bunch of permanently installed clients in my ScreenConnect page if I can just run a script to launch a session on demand.

In theory, you could just pass some client launch parameters from the remote machine directly to a client launcher in your ScreenConnect server's Bin directory. The Guest's client launch params consist of a few simple things and most are static in your case. You would need the server's URI, the web service port, the relay port, and your server's asymmetric key (which can be found in the web.config file).

Once you have that, you can make a call to http://SERVER_URI:WEB_SERVICE_PORT/Services/PageService.ashx/CreateSession and pass it an application/json encoded payload which looks like: ["Support", "SESSION_NAME", false, null, null]. This will create a non-public Support session on the server titled 'SESSION_NAME' and return the new session's sessionID.

Once you have that sessionID, you can construct a URL that can be used to call and join a session. The URL would look similar to:

http://SERVER_URI:WEB_SERVICE_PORT/Bin/Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe?y=Guest&h=RELAY_URI&p=RELAY_PORT&s=SESSION_ID&k=ASYMMETRIC_KEY

Make sure to URL-Encode the parameters.

If the Guest's machine has .NET 4.5+, you can call the Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.application file instead and pass the call directly to the runtime.

I am bummed to see that V5 breaks this. We also use the single click command as well which doesn't require us to use our password. Likely another thing broken by v5 :(

The extensions have given up some nice options. Plus the opportunity to look into specific solutions for our needs. I am hoping some more code wise techs will be able to create an extension for labtech, and other needs.

I am bummed to see that V5 breaks this. We also use the single click command as well which doesn't require us to use our password. Likely another thing broken by v5 :(

Just a note that this is working fine for us using version 5 (they put out an update that resolved the problem).

Additionally, if you install the extension Meta4 (if you search clickonce it is the first listed) for Chrome, then select the click once for Chrome (At bottom of window that pops up after you click join on your SC web interface:

System Profiles / Windows[6.0-X]:Chrome:ClickOnce / ClickOnceDirect

Sorry, I would have included a picture, but I'm still new.