Michael Priest

Service Plan Overview

Hi All,

I created a Dataview that might come in handy for those running Ignite, gives you a complete overview per Location of.

- Service Plans Workstations & Servers

- Patching Enabled Workstations & Servers

- Agents Under Contract.

3LX3p7d.png

Download URL: http://bit.ly/2mSTrPS

Installation Instructions

1. Download the SQL File linked above

2. Open your preferred SQL interfaces (SQLYog, HeidiSQL, etc)

3. Open the SQL File & run the Query against your LabTech Database

4. Done! The Dataview will be available under Dataviews -> Status -> Service Plan Overview

Note: Importing this SQL through the Labtech Tools -> Import -> SQL Script WILL NOT WORK. due to that reason you are not able install this dataview on HostedRMM setups.

I've made a change to this Dataview

- Added Administrator Credential details per Location (set under Deployment and Defaults tab)

- Added Right click Link to Client (existing right Click only enabled you to open the Location)

If you have already installed this dataview you will need to remove the old one before re-installing otherwise it will create a duplicate. To do this simply

1. Navigate to the Dataview (Operations > Dataviews > Status)

2. Right click on Service Plan Overview and select Delete Dataview

3. Follow the Installation Steps above

4. When you open the Dataview cached settings may be there so you will need to Click Options and then List Settings and select Clear Customization Settings

5. Close and Re-Open the Dataview.

Regards,

Michael Priest

Hi Michael,

Thanks again for an awesome tool! I installed it this morning (the new one) but seem to be having some trouble.

In the "Total" section in the upper-right, it lists a numerical total, in this case 67, BUT the dataview itself is blank. I've checked to make sure no filters or anything are populated. Any ideas what would cause that?

Marc

Only seen that happen with a Database join is broken on the View, I've installed it on a few systems today to check some stuff out and not had an issue at all, try right clicking where the column headers are and removing the Administrator Password and let me know if that displays data?

Cheers,

Michael

No such luck, Michael. After removing the admin credentials column, the fields are still blank.

Thanks for looking into this for me. I'm really excited about this Dataview, great stuff!

blankdataview.PNG.41934234b68a8ed9335e674fbb232766.PNG

Nice one Michael, I had trouble with my own dataview created in this manner so imported yours and found it had the same behaviour ( see my post in this Dataview Exchange topic ) I was able to get it usable for all our guys by using the "save as" and once I had done that it was fine.

As a side note, I have found the Dataview Creator tool useful in fine tuning a dataview, not so much to create one. It is easy to play around with formatting etc to make them a little nicer to view.

Thanks for making the Service {Plan Overview available, it's something that's lacking out of the box.

Regards Peter.

Dataviews are a little funny, the creator is not error free and can be even worse. There will be issues if you open this dataview up with the creator (One of the Table joins does not show and will be removed when you save which will break the entire thing). about to run out the door but will look at your post a bit later.

Cheers,

Michael

Just so there's no confusion, when I made the "save as" change it was just from the dataview itself, not from the dataview creator.

Regards Peter.

I'm still having the same issue where the Dataview comes up blank, despite the fact that it shows a status of 'page 1 of 2' and 'Total: 67' in the upper-right hand. Any idea what I could try to fix it?

Thanks!

Hi Marc,

I've not seen this on any of the systems I've installed the DV on. You could try doing what Peter has suggested and performing a Save As into a new DV to see if this helps.

Thanks, Michael. Yeah, I've put it into another partners LT that I manage and it worked on that one. Definitely odd. I tried the Save As trick earlier but no joy yet.

Remove all the columns in the blank dataview. Once you have the offending column out it will show the data.

Seeing a Total of 67 means the tables are correct, just the columns are wrong.

Awesome! Thanks, Greg. Took them all out, then added back one-by-one. Found that the data was there until I added the 'Workstation Daytime Patching' column. After that, they all blanked out again.

Closed the Dataview and added them all back, save the 'Workstation Daytime Patching' and bingo.

This is completely awesome, and it goes a long way towards filling the gap in the sort of quick functionality I miss with generating Kaseya Views on the fly.

Glad you like it.. for others, that havn't installed this in the past day or two, I've updated the dataview to include the Cache Drive if set for each location, follow the same upgrade instructions as before.

Cheers,

Michael

Just installed and it works great. I had to remove the Workstation Daytime Patching column in order for it to display anything, however.