abunyan07

Report for remote access software installed

Good morning, 

I am working on a report for our CEO.  He has asked that we generate a monthly report to list all remote software that isn't Connectwise Control.  I looked through the report center, I even read through all of the documentation that Connectwise has on this product.  I was still unable to achieve this.  When running a search I was able to grab the SQL syntax from it and this is what I got: 

SELECT computers.computerid 
	as `Computer Id`, computers.name 
	as `Computer Name`, clients.name 
	as `Client Name`, computers.domain 
	as `Computer Domain`, computers.username 
	as `Computer User`, Software.Name 
	as `Computer.Applications.Name' 
FROM Computers 
	LEFT JOIN inv_operatingsystem ON (Computers.ComputerId=inv_operatingsystem.ComputerId) 
	LEFT JOIN Clients ON (Computers.ClientId=Clients.ClientId) 
	LEFT JOIN Locations ON (Computers.LocationId=Locations.LocationID) 
	LEFT JOIN Software ON (Software.ComputerId = Computers.ComputerId) 
WHERE ((((Instr(Software.Name,'TeamViewer') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'Remote Utilities') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'Ultra VNC') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'RemotePC') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'AnyDesk') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'Comodo Unite') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'join.me') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'LogmeIn') > 0) 
	OR (Instr(Software.Name,'VNC') > 0))))

From here it listed all of the tables that I needed.  I saw within the report center there was a script editor where you were able to use C#, Visual Basic, and JScript .NET.  Is there a way to run a custom SQL query within the script editor using one of those languages?  I am really needing help on this one.  If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know!

I have written a report here: https://gavsto.com/software-installuninstall-report-comply-with-pci-dss-and-other-well-known-standards/ that you may be able to modify.

You are going in entirely the wrong direction with the "Scripts", you want to start with the data source.

See my blog for a basic report center tutorial https://gavsto.com/labtech-report-center/

I can do this commercially for you if you need it - reach out to me at gavin@gavsto.com

Hi Gavsto, 

So what I am getting from you that I should be able to create this specific report for this specific type of software?   I will look into both of these and see what I come up with.  How much do you cost to get the report created?

9 hours ago, abunyan07 said:

Hi Gavsto, 

So what I am getting from you that I should be able to create this specific report for this specific type of software?   I will look into both of these and see what I come up with.  How much do you cost to get the report created?

If you e-mail me at gavin@gavsto.com we can discuss - yes it's possible.

Hi abunyan07,  I was wondering if you ever got this report working and if you would mind sharing it.  I am looking to generate the same report and it would save me a ton of time to see where you landed with this, thanks!