stephenitsg

Force Labtech to see a Mac as a Server

Is there a way to force Labtech to see the agent as a server instead of just a workstation, aside from installing the Mac Server software package?

Thanks,

Stephen

This isn't an ideal solution, but it has worked for me in the past. Create a script that will set the OS to what you want it to be and then run it on the agent every 30 minutes or so.

SQL EXECUTE
UPDATE `labtech`.`computers` SET `OS`='Mac OS X Server 10.11.6 (Darwin)' WHERE `ComputerID`=@computerid@

What exactly are you hoping to gain by having it detect as a server. Role detection is all done by searches that can be adjusted a little more cleanly than by changing in SQL the name of the computer OS and I'm not even sure how that works as I would expect on next Configuration Update the name would revert back.... EDIT never mind the last part i just read the part where you say run it every 30 minutes 🤦‍♂️

I'm not sure why the OP needs it this way, but I once helped an LT user that had an Exchange server agent where the OS was being reported as only "x64". This made the server list in the navigation tree as a workstation (beneath the servers), and that was driving the user crazy. He didn't want to take the time to troubleshoot why the agent wasn't reporting the OS name correctly, so that was my dirty fix.

I want it to NOT be detected as a server also.

The Mac's seem to appear as a server if they have the OSX server app installed

Thanks,

Stephen

Edited by stephenitsg

8 hours ago, stephenitsg said:

I want it to NOT be detected as a server also.

The Mac's seem to appear as a server if they have the OSX server app installed

This sounds like you want an agent to be treated specially, like excluded from the server service plan.

Create a location for Contract Excluded agents and move it there with no service plan assigned. Or use the Ignite Plugin tab/tile and select "Exclude MSP Contract".