bigdog09

Automate - Patch Upgrade Guide (install 2019.2 ASAP)

1 hour ago, marktomsovic said:

We're seeing an issue with the Control Center under Patch 7 where the body portion of the navigation interface perpetually refreshes or if it does eventually "finish" it shows no results.  So you can bring up the scripts tree and see all the folders, but when choosing a folder it appears empty.  Same with browsing client computers/contacts/network devices/etc. I initially thought this was due to leaving the CC open over-night/for a long period of time but it just happened again today while actively working in there.

Reloading system cache or browsing different elements doesn't resolve the problem.  Restarting the Control Center is the only way I've found to get normal functionality back.

I noticed something similar yesterday where I was browsing the client tree and all the clients disappeared. Adding a new client forced the tree to refresh and redisplay the clients that had disappeared from view.

11 minutes ago, dpltadmin said:

I noticed something similar yesterday where I was browsing the client tree and all the clients disappeared. Adding a new client forced the tree to refresh and redisplay the clients that had disappeared from view.

That's certainly quicker than restarting the control center.  I'll try add/removing a client next time it happens.

Well, it just happened again while viewing scripts.  I created a new script and reloaded cache which didn't fix the problem, not even the test script I created showed up.  I then tried creating a client and that didn't make any difference either.  Restarting the control center got me back to normal.

2 hours ago, marktomsovic said:

Well, it just happened again while viewing scripts.  I created a new script and reloaded cache which didn't fix the problem, not even the test script I created showed up.  I then tried creating a client and that didn't make any difference either.  Restarting the control center got me back to normal.

Maybe it was just a fluke for me that it happened to come back after I created a new client. It was annoying and I was trying any way I could without closing CC.  Its on my dev server that doesn't have a lot going on, but I can for sure confirm I have experienced the issue of items disappearing from view in that area of the interface.

Edited by dpltadmin
Grammer errors.

I'll add that to the front page. I haven't seen anyone else complain about that, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

Thanks for the input.

I am having hangups when opening and closing PC's since upgrade from 12.0.6 -> 12.0.8. Also, sometimes the Contol Center just hangs completely while refreshing and never returns control and has to be quit and restarted.

The continual refresh is a known issue related to their adoption of the RestAPI since Patch 6. Supposedly Patch 9 will have a fix for this.

Edited by dlong93

Added that to the front page. Also officially greenlighting Patch 8. It seems to be running fine other than the refresh issue carried over from past patches.

Patch 9. For me, I had the solution centre want to update / recreate almost everything on my server. I gave the server a reboot, opened it all back up, and it had sorted itself out and only prompted me to update what I actually needed. 

Green-lighting Patch 9. It sounds like Patch 10 is right around the corner, get hype (and then probably be disappointed when something inevitably breaks :) )

I would have said the same, but the bug for patch 8 and 9, resolved in 10 that is breaking monitor history and autofix scripts is a real problem. 

Did this thread move to another thread?  I didnt see it stickied and dont see any opinions on Patch 10 yet.  All I've heard so far is 1 guy had CPU issues

Edited by svc_root

I dont know if this was reported yet buu i had a several users unable to load data in v12 p9.  The issue is known as an issue with the varchar limit on the verification key storage in the database.  resolved with 

ALTER TABLE `labtech`.`automate_api_security` CHANGE `VerificationKey` `VerificationKey` VARCHAR(2000) CHARSET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;

default setting was 200.

• Thanks 1

I'm also having CPU issues on Patch 10.  Ever since installing it last week, mysqld.exe is eating up 99 percent CPU on our server.  I would recommend holding off on installing until they get this resolved.  I'm waiting to open a case with LT support now.

Are you both seeing mysql use all CPU available? Or just higher than usual? I've noticed bigger CPU usage since p9. Not enough to stop operations, but definitely bigger CPU usage vfrom mysql. 

My biggest issues I have right now are the two bugs that were introduced in p8, being the h_scripts table not being cleaned up as part of the maintenance, and the daily maintenance being stuck on some patch clean up queries causing it to take around 6 hours. The daily maintenance is listed as a known issue in the university, the h_scripts isn't yet, but multiple people have the issue and my ticket is with dev for it. 

Basically we're seeing runaway SQL queries that eat up a little bit of CPU. As more and more of those queries get out of control SQL eventually uses up 100% of the CPU.

Normal CPU usage for us on patch 9 was about 30-35% on average. We're now averaging 75%+ assuming one of our guys is killing the run away queries as we can find them all day every day.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, svc_root said:

Did this thread move to another thread?  I didnt see it stickied and dont see any opinions on Patch 10 yet.  All I've heard so far is 1 guy had CPU issues

Sorry I haven't updated this yet. I haven't really been on the forums much in the last few weeks. Updating now

Thank you BigDog09.  This thread is really helpful and I appreciate the work on it. 

additionally, I have confirmed there is a known CPU issue with patch 10 due to some large queries related to the network objects and potentially more.  The current work around seems to be some additional index's to help the queries run quicker.  For my part, I will be staying away from patch 10 as we have enough performance issues without the extra queries.

ALTER TABLE `labtech`.`subgroupsnetworkdevices` ADD KEY `NetList` (`DeviceId`, `GroupId`);
ALTER TABLE `labtech`.`patchconfigurationinformation` ADD KEY `PatchingStats` (`ItemValue`);

The above code, executed on our MySQL by support, resolved the MySQL CPU usage issue for us. Supposedly adding indices to the database that they had missed.

Run at your own risk.

You can reference my support ticket #11114951 if you want them to run it.

Edited by jundis

Patch 10 introduced a bug with the FileUpload script step. The fileUpload step was timing out for me when attempting to upload any file. After some discussion with others that had encountered this issue it was determined that the cause was the presence of parenthesis in my destination directory. As far as I am aware, the fileUpload step will encounter a timeout when a parenthesis is present in the source or destination path or the source or destination file name.

The FileService log shows the following error: FileService v11.0 - 11/7/2018 7:37:12 AM - ERROR - HttpFileServer.requestWait() - ERROR - System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path. at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional) at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2) at FileService.HttpFileServer.uploadFile(HttpListenerContext context) at FileService.HttpFileServer.handleHttpRequest(Object currentRequestContextObject)::: The above error was encountered when attempting to upload c:\a.txt

Command Failure.png

Script log.png

Patch 11 is here and has been added to the front page. If you have any issues with this specific patch please post them so we can keep an accurate track of known issues/bugs.