bigdog09

Automate - Patch Upgrade Guide

13 hours ago, bigdog09 said:

Patch 11 is here and has been added to the front page. If you have any issues with this specific patch please post them so we can keep an accurate track of known issues/bugs.

DON"T Upgrade to Patch 11 if you have any Windows 2003 or XP out there.  Yes, we have some clients with some legacy stuff out there.  Patch 11's agent (v120.473) is not compatible with 2003/xp in our testing so far.  This is a major issue and we are opening escalation tickets with CW.

We upgraded to Patch 11 this morning, and our clients with 2003 servers also stopped checking in.  Also opened a ticket with CW.

CW told us to update servers to .NET 3.5 (which they already had).  Then they said " Unfortunately there is nothing else to be done as it is simply no longer supported. We do apologize for that this."

3 hours ago, jamberston said:

Any way to roll back to patch 10?  I have an image backup, but I'm concerned with agents that have already updated.

FYI looks like I'm rolling back with backup.  

On Automate server rename C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LabTech\Updates and C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LabTech\Service then restore those directories back to what they were in patch 10.  this prevents any further agent updates to 11 and new installs are installed with 10.

Use 1 line script

Command = Powershell

(new-object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('http://bit.ly/LTPoSh') | iex; Reinstall-LTService -Server ‘https://YOUR_AUTOMATE_SERVER.com'

This uses Labtech Powershell to uninstall the agent, then reinstall using your automate server.  Since you copied over the directories above, this will install the 12.10 version of the agent.

Once all agents rolled back to 12.10 version, I should be able to restore the backup of the server before the upgrade.

:)

I haven't seen any issues specific to patch 12 yet. It's actually a performance patch, so a significant amount of people have reported that their Control Center is faster and more responsive. I think I'm going to go ahead and green light it.

New year new patches. I need a handful of you to drink the 2019 kool-aid and tell the rest of us if it's safe.

How are you guys tackling the .Net 3.5 requirement? Search computers missing .Net 3.5 and run script to install on them? As my understanding is that it is required even if a newer version is installed you would still need to install 3.5. Majority of our devices would be on Windows 10 and missing 3.5.

3 hours ago, Waqas said:

How are you guys tackling the .Net 3.5 requirement? Search computers missing .Net 3.5 and run script to install on them? As my understanding is that it is required even if a newer version is installed you would still need to install 3.5. Majority of our devices would be on Windows 10 and missing 3.5.

It's supposed to be fixed in 2019.1

" Addressed an issue where the LTSvcMon will not run on systems that only have .NET 4 or above. "

If you installed the 2019.1 patch for Automate from a link on the ConnectWise University in the past day or two please ensure that the version you have installed is correct as there was a problem with one of the links. In your Automate instance under Help > About the version number should show 19.0.36. If it shows 12.0.451 or 2019.10 at the top you have installed the wrong patch. Please come into the main [Slack] channel to discuss or contact support. The links in the ConnectWise University are now correct but please ensure you refresh the page so you don't get a cached copy. - @Gavsto

Updated the original post to reflect the new version.

Can't setup network probes on my install. I get the choose features page then a blank one that never populates.

edit: Nix that - I can setup the probe just not auto-deployment from the main setup screen. If I disable auto deployment there I can install it and re-enable auto-deploy from the tile.

Edited by itksteve
Added version Number

On 1/15/2019 at 2:22 PM, itksteve said:

Can't setup network probes on my install. I get the choose features page then a blank one that never populates.

edit: Nix that - I can setup the probe just not auto-deployment from the main setup screen. If I disable auto deployment there I can install it and re-enable auto-deploy from the tile.

Confirmed. Seeing the same behavior on 2019.1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, itksteve said:

I was able to fix this by disabling Dynamic and Static compression in IIS for the Default Web site and WCC2 site and then running iisreset.

LT support had us do this in the past for web portal issues and it fixed the issue (for us at least).

Can't really justify green lighting 2019.1, but its third production release (19.0.1.37) seems to be relatively stable, so it's been moved to the middle of the road category. Safe to install, probably won't give you any fuss, but definitely not one you should assume is trustworthy out of the gate.

On 1/10/2019 at 3:34 PM, srw_oia said:

It's supposed to be fixed in 2019.1

" Addressed an issue where the LTSvcMon will not run on systems that only have .NET 4 or above. "

Can anyone confirm that .net 3.5 no longer necessary with 2019.1?

We were going to push it out and install patch 12, but if 2019.1 no longer has this requirement then I may not bother.

I went from v12 p10 to 2019.1, havent had any .Net issues or needed to factor anything around .net, so whatever I had on my agents before that patch was fine on that patch after.

That said, just hold off p12 or 2019.1 for now. 2019.1 is stable, but 2019.2 is just around the corner and you will absolutely want to wait for it.

Per Support:

Bug Introduced in v12p12. Issue still appearing in 2019.2 (We are on v12p12)

Known Issue Ticket# 11289491 (Not sure if public facing yet per support chat)

Password Changes for User Accounts that are not in the Super Admin User Class, after password change, can log into /automate (AWA), however, the user loses the ability to log into Control Center Thick Client or WCC.

Workaround (Verified Working in my Case):

• Assign "Super Admin" User Class to the User
  • Reload dbagent
  • Verify User can log into CC/WCC
  • Remove "Super Admin" User Class from the User
  • Reload dbagent
  • Verify User can log into CC/WCC without 'Super Admin' User Class

Chat Session Highlights:

06:45 PM - cward: ok so this looks like its an ongoing issue our dev team is working on, but I have a workaround we can try

06:46 PM - cward: Give this user superadmin permissions, then log in to thick client using their credentials, they should be able to log in, after doing this have them log out, remove their super admin permission and they should still be able to log in

06:50 PM - cward: another fix I'm seeing is to recreate the user with super admin permissions, then delete the old user, but you said you had already tried something similar to that?

06:58 PM - cward: it is an ongoing issue for all users across all systems who try to change their password without being a super admin. Dev is aware of the issue, the current work around is what we just di d

07:01 PM - cward: it was introduced in patch 12, issue is still happening in 2019.2, I do not have an eta, but I can create a ticket for someone to document and escalte the issue for you so that you can be notififed when its fixed

07:07 PM - cward: that is your ticket number, 11289491 is our ki number, but I do not know if that is publicly facing yet

Edited by dpltadmin
Clarification Info
  • Thanks 1

So the 2019.2 patch - says install asap because any recent patches will break the server.  Any details here?  We are on 12.12.

39 minutes ago, jamberston said:

So the 2019.2 patch - says install asap because any recent patches will break the server.  Any details here?  We are on 12.12.

@jamberston I'm not sure if anyone answered your question in the announcement thread since it's locked, but upgrading to 2019.2 will not affect your XP/2003 machines. That was a bug feature that was introduced in 12.11, but they've since recanted and fixed that in 12.12 and newer. As long as you skip patch 11 and just straight from 12.10 to 2019.2, then you'll be fine.