bigdog09

Automate - Patch Upgrade Guide

50 minutes ago, skyper said:

Updated from Patch .3 to .6

Now Controlcenter cannot start Scripts anymore, while the Automate Website still works with scripts. I'll kep you posted what the support finds out.

I would recommend reinstalling the patch.
Right click the patch and make sure that it's unblocked
Then run the patch as admin and let it install again over the top of itself.

I think that will probably fix your issue. I don't think this is a widespread issue with 2019.6, but I could be wrong. Please let me know if that doesn't work.

Could try reinstalling the ControlCenter. I have found instances where the application doesn't update automatically causing odd issues like this.

Hey guys, thanks for your hints.

These were suggested from Support as well and did not help. The Issue went to Level3 Support and Dev. They found an "empty Script" that caused the Problem.

SELECT scriptid, computerscript, functionscript FROM lt_scripts WHERE computerscript IS NULL OR functionscript IS NULL;

It was fixed by deleting the resulting scriptid

Patch 7 added. Nothing too crazy in this patch. As usual please post any issues that you have with the new patch to inform those that might be experiencing (or want to avoid) the same problems.

Thanks guys!

Looking to upgrade to 2019.7 tomorrow. Want to know of anyone that has already upgraded, are there any issues you have seen. No known issues from Connectwise being reported yet that I can find. 

Just did the update from 2019.6 to 2019.7 last night. So far no new issues to report, seems pretty stable. Although sadly it hasn't fixed a weird problem we're having of Automate assets bundling unrelated Manage configurations when synced, but support is looking into that.

Posted (edited)

2019.6 has a bug in Advanced Searches where columns do not appear when you load a saved search, or when you build a search with conditions. If they don't appear then you have to add them manually with the Field Chooser, which is extremely irritating and time-consuming if, like me, you rely on saved searches for lots of standard processes.

CW informs me that the bug is fixed in 2019.7.

Why Patch 6, you ask? Well, we prefer to lag one month behind, so that before we install a patch it's been out for a month and all the problems are known. This way, we can avoid patches that break important features....... in theory 🙄

Edited by huntz0r

Holding back a month would be a solid theory if they didnt release bugs into every single release and then take three to six months to fix them. Its a vicious circle the current patch model.

I'd still love if they would adopt the Manage model and get their releases right quarterly then fix the bugs in-between.

Posted (edited)

Got an error during the update (2019.7).

This version of MySQL doesn't yet support 'multiple triggers with the same action time and event for one table.

The update stopped half way so only part of the database was updated and half of the application server.

We had to restore both database server and application server from backup.

Edited by rolandpiek

The description for 2019.7 says no major qol changes, however I feel like it should be noted that "View" was released, as well as the command prompt / powershell window in web version for non super-admins. 

8 hours ago, rolandpiek said:

We are on mysql version 5.6.42 

I'd wondered that also and looked at ours at the time.  As I recall now we are on 5.6.39 and 5.6.x is supported.  I wonder if maybe it was trying to create the same trigger twice and errored out, and the message is not really the cause?  Anyway, we didn't have issues with 2019.7.

Posted (edited)

We had am issue with patch 7 where all our reports stopped working because we're not using the US locale on our PC's. We had to get support in to get it resolved and while they were there they upgraded our MySQL Connector Net to 6.9.12 & MySQL Connector/ODBC to 5.3. 

Edited by EssentialSteve

Patch 8 has been added.

I'm a little skeptical that there have been so many stable patches in a row. There has to be some major flaw that we just haven't found yet. :P

• Like 1

Had the same issue with patch 8 as I had with patch 7

This version of MySQL doesn't yet support 'multiple triggers with the same action time and event for one table.

Reason is we run MySQL on linux and the DROP statements in the DBaseTrigger.sql where in the wrong CASE.
So the triggers in the database where not removed because they were not found in that CASE.
The CREATE statement  was in the correct CASE but because they where not removed they could not be created.

Updated last week from 2019.6 to 2019.8. No problems that we observed, but got an email this morning that there is a new 2019.08.225 that addresses a problem with uninstalling agents. Just updated now to .225.

According to Connectwise:

Warning: Due to an uninstaller defect, patch 19.0.8.224 has been rebuilt. Please ensure your Control Center build version is 19.0.8.225.

Posted (edited)

Posting this here to reference it in the OP

Agent Uninstaller Defect in 2019.8 and Pilot 2019.9
CW Automate Staff have discovered a serious defect you need to be made aware of. Please read on.

With an update to 2019.8, the Automate agent uninstaller incorrectly deletes files from an agent system based on the directory in which the agent was installed from. In most cases this is a temp directory or a downloads folder. However, after uncovering this defect through a reported partner's system, we have taken action immediately to correct, and we advise you do the same. If you have already updated to 2019.8, please take action.

Here's What You Need To Do Today:Reinstall 2019.8 by downloading from the University here.

Validate your 2019.8 update to the fixed version by logging in to your Control Center and accessing Help > About. You should see v19.0.225 (Patch 😎 listed for each component.
As agents report in and update, their service version should reflect 190.225.

Also - I feel like I should claim at least 1% of the
responsibility for the bug because of the comment below. 😥

On 8/5/2019 at 9:01 AM, bigdog09 said:

Patch 8 has been added.

I'm a little skeptical that there have been so many stable patches in a row. There has to be some major flaw that we just haven't found yet. :P

Edited by bigdog09

I just installed patch 9 yesterday and currently i didn't get any issue with that.

Edited by GPS

Added patch 9 to the original post. Like always, please post any issues you run into so we can all be aware of potential problems.

Edited by bigdog09