bigdog09

Automate - Patch Upgrade Guide

2 hours ago, mpierce said:

On patch 9, seem to have scripts failing to download from LTShare. Anyone else experiencing the same?

What file type?  I just downloaded a .vbs file to my PC fine.  Thoughts: a/v blocking, file extension in IIS (e.g. ".config" files are blocked by default by IIS due to web.config, and other files that don't have a MIME type, IIRC).

20 hours ago, SteveYates said:

What file type?  I just downloaded a .vbs file to my PC fine.  Thoughts: a/v blocking, file extension in IIS (e.g. ".config" files are blocked by default by IIS due to web.config, and other files that don't have a MIME type, IIRC).

.ps1, and 7z have always downloaded fine. Now those 2 types are failing. There may be others I haven't seen yet.

Patch 10 has been added (and the link to the install is finally working on CW's website)

Edited by bigdog09

Patch 10 seems to be causing all of the agents with probes to crash which then reports as a server/system down.  Bonus that means the network monitors are not working as the agent is offline.  Seems to take an uninstall and reinstall to fix but that is problematic due to the probe configs.  Still trying to get to the root cause.  Next Gen DLL 1.1.1.7.

Before doing that, I would recommend downloading the CWA patch again, go to properties, make sure it's 'unblocked,' run the patch as admin and install it over the top of itself.

Weird issues like that do pop up from time to time, but it's typically a poor install rather than an issue with the patch itself.

That has been my normal process but can't hurt to try it again.  It took 2 attempts to get it to install this time but I thought nothing of it since that happens every 2-3 patches anyway.

@bigdog09 Just out of curiosity, what is the threshold/criteria you use to determine when patches are deemed stable (or at least colour-coded with some kind of recommendation)? Asking since 2019.10 has been out for 20 days now but it is still effectively in an unknown state on this thread.

@maxgruv Honestly it's pretty arbitrary. Unless there is good reason to deem it "unstable," then after 2-3 weeks I'll poll the Slack channel to make sure I didn't miss anything and then mark it accordingly.

Since I asked, we updated Friday and no notable issues yet.  Had a few not process the agent upgrade (upgrade runs and doesn't upgrade) but that's pretty normal...we have a script for that.

Sorry I was out all last week when it was released.

Added the patch to the front page. As always let me know if you run into any issues.

Setup: Server A - CWA v2019.11 / Server B - CWC v19.4.25666.7235 (Latest Elidgible)

Chat Session turned into Ticket 12585906. Support collected logs and sent straight to Tier 3.

Update: Known Issue Ticket 12603474 - Fix appears to be targeting 2020.2

image.png.3083a175f5f9251ca1876cbd708424d1.png

Issue: Support Session Viewer in web (web only now anyways) not loading for users, blank white page. Support Session Viewer only works for Super Admins. If tried with a user that is not a Super Admin and then trying with a Super Admin without clearing cache or using Incognito mode, the Super Admin user will appear to also not work so testing Super Admin account would need to be done with Incognito window. Looked at by Connor Ward and one of his colleagues.

Support believes that this is a permissions bug.

Additional Notes: Requested Support Sessions do show up in CWC Web Support Sessions and can connect to them without issue.

On the Support Sessions Viewer page when its a blank white page, F12 / Console will read: 

Failed to load resource: the server /cwa/api/v1/ExtensionActions/Control/SessionViewer:1 responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

@bigdog09 Ticket status with Connectwise Support has changed to a status of "Known Issue" I don't see anything published in the University Known Issues yet but it just received the status change this morning.

Edited by dpltadmin
Edit 1: Ticket Status Update / Edit 2: Added Known Issue Ticket Number / Edit 3: Added Link to KI TIcket
  • Like 1