Braingears

Automate Install - Rip & Replace - Powershell

Hello @Braingears

Is it possible that hotfix applied for the new vulnerability discovered (

) affected the installation process using your script?

I now get Installer will execute twice (KI 12002617) This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Automate Installer Exit Code: 1619 Automate Installer Logs: C:\Windows\Temp\Automate_Agent_2020-06-15_07-55-30.log

Thank you 

Is this still maintained?  I tried to run it but get "...automate server parameter was not entered or inaccessible'

it has been entered correctly.

I believe right now that if you are patched, the deployment will no longer work due to the blocking of the default agent.  I believe Darren has been working on a new update to the package to allow us to do this a little more securely with tokens.  I think its just in testing.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mark Hodges said:

I believe right now that if you are patched, the deployment will no longer work due to the blocking of the default agent.  I believe Darren has been working on a new update to the package to allow us to do this a little more securely with tokens.  I think its just in testing.

Thanks for the update!

Posted (edited)

I have updated the Github Install-Automate and Push-Automate scripts to accept tokens. 

I have also created an Automate Script that will create tokens (from 1 month to several years) and automatically create a ticket and email (optional) with all of the links pre-created. 

I will continue discuss the PowerShell Module here, although I will maintain the new Automate script in a new thread. 

Agent Deploy - Generate Installers with Tokens.xml

Edited by Braingears
Update new thread link