mtopper

LabTech Scripting Language

I'm looking for some C# coders who would be interested in helping me with a project.

I'm about 2/3 of the way finished with code that implements a native scripting language for Automate.  The language is specced, the compiler is mostly written and outputs XML that can be imported.  There's still some work left to do on the compiler and a lot of functions left to implement, but we're almost there!

My biggest hurdle is that I'm a CS guy with little experience writing UI code.  I'm hoping I can partner with someone who does have that know-how to help get this finished up.

I submitted this for AN this year, and it was rejected, which makes me wonder if Connectwise is about to unveil their own implementation.    I was hoping to wait until the project was finished to release, but I really don't feel great about submitting this and not hearing anything back at all.

Anyway, send me a PM if you'd like to help out and we can discuss.

• Like 1

I am sufficiently intrigued, I was actually discussing this concept the other day.

Can you elaborate on what exactly this will do? What's the idea behind it? What benefits does it bring over the existing script engine? Will it be open sourced?

I'm not surprised it was rejected for AN though I'm not aware of them building anything similar.