Sign in to follow this  
Randleman

Disk space monitor

Hi all, Happy Friday,

I am looking to try and exclude a certain disk drive letter "W" from the internal monitor. The problem is I have the "W" drive on other servers as well that I wish to remained monitored. Is there a good way to simply disable alerting on that letter for a SINGLE server? Please let me know! =D

I have always just thought: “No, because it isn’t scalable with the Internal Monitors”.I have heard other suggestions like excluding the computer from the monitor and creating a separate monitor for just that computer that excludes the letter.  But...

So, the simplest would be to add an additional condition like:

AND NOT (drives.letter='W' AND drives.computerid IN (123,124,2543))

But a more scalable option could be to use the volume label to indicate it shouldn’t be monitored. Maybe put '-NM' at the end of the volume label and put a condition like:

AND NOT (drives.label LIKE '%-NM')

(I’m not sure on the column name..) And finally the hardest but maybe best would be to add an EDF with a list of drives letters to be excluded on a per computer basis. But the query for that is beyond what I would want to mock up from a cellphone. 😉 

On 7/14/2018 at 11:11 PM, DarrenWhite99 said:

I have always just thought: “No, because it isn’t scalable with the Internal Monitors”.I have heard other suggestions like excluding the computer from the monitor and creating a separate monitor for just that computer that excludes the letter.  But... 

So, the simplest would be to add an additional condition like:

AND NOT (drives.letter='W' AND drives.computerid IN (123,124,2543)) 

But a more scalable option could be to use the volume label to indicate it shouldn’t be monitored. Maybe put '-NM' at the end of the volume label and put a condition like:

AND NOT (drives.label LIKE '%-NM') 

(I’m not sure on the column name..) And finally the hardest but maybe best would be to add an EDF with a list of drives letters to be excluded on a per computer basis. But the query for that is beyond what I would want to mock up from a cellphone. 😉 

Worked like a charm, thank you!