RobertRanger

Monitoring EDF Changes

Hi all.

I'm looking into monitoring an EDF, or group membership. Essentially, I have all my agents under a specific policy that applies a monitor to them. I'm using an EDF to manually exclude agents from the policy, and the monitor. However, I'd like to be notified when an agent is excluded from the policy. This way a technician can't change the setting without anyone else knowing. Though, I wasn't able to find time stamps on EDFs, so I'm considering a script that triggers upon group membership though I can't find anything on that either.

Any advice, or pointers?

Hi Robert, 

Darren has a monitor that looks for changes to a table (specifically it looks for changes to the installed version of Labtech and alerts via email when a Patch is installed.) if you can find it on here you can adjust it easily to look at an EDF state and then trigger a script/email on that... 

The monitor looks in a table and compares the value to itself (I think?) so it always succeeds until a time when it changes causing it to fail until the next monitor reset where it'll succeed again. 

I probably got it all wrong but Darren can correct me. 😁

I had a look through Darren's work, and I might be able to learn what I'm looking for from his examples. I didn't find the monitor you have in mind, but I might just be able to learn enough to make something original.

Hi Robert, 

This is the monitor i was talking about

image.png.f2c40d347ba98d23b4682dc3758d26a1.png

the identify field is as follows

CONCAT('DBAgent: ',`DBAgentServerPatchVersion`,', ControlCenter: ',`ControlCenterPatchVersion`,', RemoteAgent: ',`RemoteAgentPatchVersion`,', WebServer: ',`WebServerPatchVersion`) AS VersionInfo

@DarrenWhite99 can explain the exact logic behind it, but basically it detects any change, and then the next time it runs it assumes it as the correct result so the monitor flips back to success.