Michael Priest

Labtech Ignite Mod Tool

Hi All,

This tool is designed to let you get the most out of Ignite giving you the ability to Create your own Service Plans quickly and easily. It's not overly polished but it works!

Availability

Can be installed from this site: http://apps.michaelpriest.com.au/LTIgniteModifier/

- No Current documentation is available.

Connection Details

Connects over 3306, can be run directly on the LT Server or from any machine

Server Adress: IP or FQDN of the LabTech Server

Username: Any Account with Super Admin privs or Root

Password: Password to that account

*** Cannot be used with HostedRMM (LabTech Cloud)

Options

Available Features / Functions

• Create Service Plan - Creates a service plan linking all the required components : Searches, Templates, Alert Templates etc.. based off the Current Ignite Structure
  • Copy Remote Monitors - Enables you to Copy Individual or Multiple Remote monitors between groups
  • Check Patch Windows - Checks to ensure Patch Windows are within Best Practice configuration as Initial Ignite release had these incorrectly configured, this mostly is legacy but it remains!
  • Fix Dropdown Contents - Rebuilds the Service Plan Selection Dropdown Box on the Ignite Tab of the Location screen, re-populating with the Default and Custom Service Plans.
  • Ignite Plugin Fix - Inserts the Group GUIDs for the Service Plans into the Ignite Guids table to make them visible within the Ignite Plugin, by default this is done when a Service Plan is created however the Ignite Plugin can remove them under certain circumstances.

New Service plans are created completely blank with no Internal monitors enabled and no Remote monitors, the only script scheduled is the agent maintenance script so feel free to go and turn on what you desire!

Hope you find it useful.

Hi All,

with the Release of 2013 & Ignite SP1 there is a Marketplace update that will update the Service Plan Drop down list and overwrite the what you had in the list, the workstation one remains untouched. so if you've run all the Marketplace Updates you can follow these steps.

1. Open Dashboard

2. Navigate to : Config -> Configurations -> Additional Fields

3. Select the Location Tab

4. Find "Wrokstation Service Plan" and Select it

5. Copy the Text out of the "Tooltip or Combo Fill"

6. Find "Server Service Plan"

7. Paste the previously copied text into the "Tooltip or Combo Fill" and save.

Cheers,

Michael

Mike,

Thank you so much for this! This is awesome! I was trying to create my custom groups, but could not get them to show up on the Ignite tab.

Thanks,

Stephen Kiely

This is awesome! I had just created several custom service plan groups yesterday and later realized they weren't showing as ignite groups, ran the fix from this tool and now they are fixed! Thanks!

Only one thing I might suggest, would it be possible to add in the ability to edit or delete service plans from this tool?

That and would love to copy internal monitors from existing plans.

Very time consuming setting them up again and again for each plan, but I suppose you only really need to do this once.

So,

I was planning to work on this over the weekend and add some Internal Monitor functionality, however i don't have plans at this stage to remove service plans, seems a potential for loss of data!

Regards,

Michael Priest

Hi, this works OK but I don't see the new service plan under Ignite / Workstations (although it is under Servers)

It certainly creates the new Groups under Servers and Workstations

Any ideas?

Strange they show up for me.

Maybe take a look at the system dashboard>Integrations>Ignite and look under the service plans and make sure its ticked on there.

No idea if that helps, still finding my way around Labtech.

Hi,

I have checked and the tool correctly populates both the Server and Workstation Extra Data Field where the dropdown is populated from. Be aware that there is a patch on the Marketplace that does reset the Server list (Associated with Ignite SP1) so you may have to modify it if it gets removed.

I didn't get the chance to add the Internal Monitor copy yet, but when i do i will also be looking at adding a feature to resolve any potential Service Plan drop down selection issues.

Strange they show up for me.

Maybe take a look at the system dashboard>Integrations>Ignite and look under the service plans and make sure its ticked on there.

No idea if that helps, still finding my way around Labtech.

I had to edit the Additional fields and include my new groups so they show in the drop down list in Ignite

I had to edit the Additional fields and include my new groups so they show in the drop down list in Ignite

I have had to do this once or twice in the past, but generally it seems to work for me! :)

I didn't get the chance to add the Internal Monitor copy yet, but when i do i will also be looking at adding a feature to resolve any potential Service Plan drop down selection issues.

That would be a great addition MP. Definitely not an URGENT matter, but yeah...would be great to include this as an "additional option" to copy. So, as opposed to just "Copy Monitors", you would have 3 options. "Copy Remote Monitors" / "Copy Internal Monitors" / "Copy ALL Monitors"

I have had to do this once or twice in the past, but generally it seems to work for me! :)

That would be a great addition MP. Definitely not an URGENT matter, but yeah...would be great to include this as an "additional option" to copy. So, as opposed to just "Copy Monitors", you would have 3 options. "Copy Remote Monitors" / "Copy Internal Monitors" / "Copy ALL Monitors"

+1 on this idea Martyn. I have verbally spoken with MP in the past for this very request. :)

-jeff

This tool is Awesome, I was trying to figure out how to do this myself and you saved me a TON of time. Does anyone know if there is a similar tool to add/modify Audit plans?

Just published a update to this tool as i mentioned i would work on something a while ago but never got around to it.

- Fixed an issue where the Everyday Daytime Patch template was being detected as an issue with the Check Patch Windows function

- Added the ability to Rebuild the Service Plan drop Downs on the Ignite tab on the Location screen, there was / is a Marketplace update that will remove the "Custom" Plans from the Available Service plans, using this option will Rebuild and Re-populate the Dropdown with the Default and Custom plans.

Simply Launch the tool to get the update.

Hi All,

I just came across this Awesome tool, Go M. Priest!

We use LT 10 and I would like to create some additional Service Plans and LT 10 does not seem to have added this capability yet. I just wanted to see if anyone was using this or having issues with LT 10 before I installed or tried to use this.