Microsoft_Geek

Issues With Deploying Automate Remote Management Agent Using Intune

So I have the .msi file for the Automate Remote Management Agent, and we are trying to push it out to everyone in our company who uses a work computer.

I set up a test profile for my own device, set up the file in the app area, and set a /q wrapper for it to be quiet.

Eventually, InTune said that the install was a success! When I looked around though, the program is nowhere to be found on my system, nor is my system listed inside of Automate. This happened when I tried to test it on my system as well as one of my coworkers when he tested it on his system.

Am I missing something here? Any feedback would be great.

Missing lots of things, the MSI requires parameters to be passed including the Automate server URL, Client ID, Location ID, server password etc. Check the docs for more information.

https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/040/050

You need at minimum SERVERPASS, SERVERADDRESS, and LOCATION (at the very bottom of the doc).

Most people will tell you that you should be using the LT Posh module to do this, built by @CTaylor and contributed by various other community members (but really I only know of @DarrenWhite99https://github.com/LabtechConsulting/LabTech-Powershell-Module

12 hours ago, MGreen said:

the MSI requires parameters to be passed including the Automate server URL, Client ID, Location ID, server password etc.

So I read through the document (great help by the way, thank you) and I could find the parameter for the Server URL and Location ID, but I couldn't see anything for Client ID, would that just be CLIENT=#, just like it was LOCATION=#?