Sign in to follow this  
LoneWolf

How do y'all monitor for BSoD events?

I've just been asked to see if I can implement some form of monitoring for when a server experiences a blue-screen crash.  I already know that I can't quite do this in realtime (after all, the system does a kernel dump, then reboots the system, during which it is unavailable).  I certainly can monitor for a dirty shutdown event ID 6008, and I've implemented a remote monitor to this effect, but I'm wondering if there's a better way, or something that provides a little more information, so I'd like to pick everyone's brains (I promise, I won't take any pieces out 😉).

What are the conclusions you have drawn in trying to proactively monitor such situations, and what solutions have you implemented?

Edited by LoneWolf

I use to monitor by event id and for the bugcheck. Once the machine blue screen and comes back up I transfer the dump file automatically with a script to the LT Uploads folder so I can than analyze the minidump.