chrislavery

How to determine why some tickets aren't syncing to Connectwise Manage

Posted (edited)

It seems I have a problem syncing tickets to a specific board. This has worked in the past and when I check the ConnectWise Plugin, I can see there is no location specified in the unsynced tickets. I have tried creating new information type category and it seems that when I point at the affected board it fails to sync. If i pick a category that is mapped to another board it works as expected. I can't seem to find any logs that will lead me in the right direction.

I have also confirmed the type/subtype/Item's are correct and referenced correctly in both Manage and Automate

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by chrislavery
Spelling

Identify a specific ticket/time when it failed to sync.
Check out the Plugin_ConnectWise.txt and Plugin_ConnectWise_Errors.txt files in the server "Program Files\LabTech\Logs" folder.
Look for the time when it should have synced, and see what was reported at that point.

If Manage is denying the ticket for some reason, the reason/response should be in one of those logs.

Thanks Darren,

When viewing the log I can see the following error. I suspect that this is related to the missing location. The strange thing is that when I use a different ticket category that points to another board it syncs the ticket without issue. As mentioned above, I have also created a test category pointing to the same board to rule out an issue with the Category itself.

Manage Plugin: Error in update ticket: Exception Message: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value:::

Did you ever figure this out?  We have the same thing.  All the tickets that don't sync seem to be missing hte location on the Connectwise Manage Plugin ticket page.