Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of help. I am trying to monitor HP MSA SAN devices through LT. I have read all of the threads I could find related to this topic. I have the MSA mibs installed on the LT server and I have built custom monitors using the OIDs that worked for HP servers, but they aren't alerting.

I set the Community in the LT Network Device pop-out to ensure it was looking with the right community string and I set the credentials to use a monitor login that is set in the HP's User Account section.

I did a SNMPwalk against the device and found that it doesn't have the OIDs to match the server. I have added a custom community string and walked against that to verify that I am getting info back, just not the info that I need

Has anyone successfully built monitors for HP Storage Devices with LT? If you didn't build custom monitors, how are you monitoring yours? I know there is a built in email option, but we are trying to do this through SNMP instead.

Specifically, I am trying to monitor HP MSA 2050 devices, but I know that working monitors for previous generations should work. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Brett

Edited by bwoodley
additional information