troms

Email a Uploaded File

Has anyone come across a way to run a script that generates a file, that file then gets uploaded to the labtech server, and then labtech attaches that file to a email and sends it to a specific email account,

the first part of that is easy but I have found no way to tell labtech to look at this file path grab this file and email it to this address, as basically trying to automate the sending of a AD export to csv to a 3rd party

The File Upload step creates an internal variable named "%uploadedfile%". Just use that as the attachment path in the "Email" script function step.

ok update to this, once the file is upload and then emailed is there a way to script a delete of that file off the labtech server, i tried using the %uploadedfile%  variable with the file delete and it seems to list the path but says it can't find the file to delete it,

Parameters: C:\LTShare\Uploads\client\server\AU.csv
Output: ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path C:\LTShare\Uploads\client\server\AU.csv

or perhaps i should be using a command other then file delete to accomplish this.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by troms

@troms I tried getting the same exact thing to work before and gave up.
Needless to say at least yours is getting some traction and hopefully a working script! 

yeah I tried for awhile not much success i finally just setup a scheduled task on the server to purge the files in the uploads directory once a week