Sign in to follow this  
MSPGeek Admin Team

MSPGeek Discussion Thread

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Not that I don't trust you guys, just leery of change, especially when it relates to marketing.

I value this community and the support and friendly comraderie I've received from it. Please don't harm it.

Thanks.

I hate rebranding.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Don't go the way of ConnectWise with all their silly new names for their applications and their messing with the UI for looks instead of focusing on functionality.  I think that if your name includes a major MSP RMM tool, people already get that MSP is your focus.  Why can't some good things just stay the same?

Answering semi-officially as one of the admins: This change was not simply for changes sake, or because we wanted a new image, or because the LabTech name is no more. (Though that third item was a factor) 

It is because the product, the community, the ecosystem, and the industry have all changed in the years since LabTechGeek was created. It was because renaming to AutomateGeek didn’t make sense considering the multiple products that are discussed in Slack and in the forums. Even CWGeek doesn’t describe the multiple areas of common interest to this community. I won’t go over the different names that were discussed, the different logo designs that we considered, or all the possible futures for the community that we envisioned. I’ll just say that we (admins) are all  interested in the success, and continued success of this community. I believe that we are making changes that will stand the test of time and help this community have stability even as the products we use and the industry we thrive in continues to constantly change. Because I don’t like changing good things either.  😉