Thomas_Powers

Automate Client Constant Crash

Hello Fellow LT/Automate fans!!

Anyone else have LT12 patch 12 or 2019 version whatever, 

where you see the ltsvc and ltsvcmon go into a constant crash and retry mode?

You look in LT errors and all you see is this?

LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:57 AM     - REMOTING PORT IS:42000:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:57 AM     - INIT CLR:4.0.30319.34209:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:57 AM     - Platform\OS: Win32NT\6 1:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:57 AM     - Janus Enabled based on Windows Version:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:58 AM     - Registered LTService for remoting on 42000.:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:58 AM     - REMOTING PORT IS:42000:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:58 AM     - INIT CLR:4.0.30319.34209:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:58 AM     - Platform\OS: Win32NT\6 1:::
LTService  v190.37     - 2/8/19 10:14:58 AM     - Janus Enabled based on Windows

If so..what did you do to fix it?

All insight is appreciated

TP

Whatever this crash is,  the last thing it does is the RtUserThreadStart   and last thing it calls in that chain is a FltRequestOperationStatusCallback

on  c:\windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys

After which, it crashes and starts over

image.png.5c1419334840d43816d5273657cf06f1.png

Edited by Thomas_Powers

Oh..we have tried that up and down in 100 different ways. The agent installs, but never connects into the LT server.  LTSVC and LTSVC mon get to about 10mb of ram and then dump out and restart, thus never downloads the rest of the files or folders.

Go back to 120.451.... works fine.

I have the same issue with one of our servers. I had labtech work on this for 3 days straight until they gave up and couldn't tell me what the issue was. Funily enough it only happens for one particular server for a client (Sharepoint server). We've tried all sorts of things - .net repair, av exclusions, copying registry from another working server etc etc. I'm at a loss and i've had a same issue since upgrading from 120.451.

We also have this issue on some of our other servers now as well. 

We use Citrix MCS and use a script to remove MAC / ID / Password from registry before shutdown. This used to work for years but since upgrading from 120.451 it has now stopped. We have reinstall LT on these servers manually everytime we refresh the mcs clones.

LT have not been helpfull at all in figuring this one out.

Anyone else having this issue? or have had any luck getting this fixed?

I'm having the same issue with a few Server 2016 boxes.

I've also been speaking with someone in the MSPGeek Slack who is having it as well.

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing will get this agent talking again.

I first made the exceptions for janus.dll but have completely removed AV since then, firewall is disabled, .net 3.5 is on there, tried the .net repair, tried switching tray ports, completely removed everything LT related in the registry and reinstalled.

Mine started with the upgrade from 120.451 as well.  Chat support told me this is the same time they started using TLS 1.2 as part of the agent so I've been going down that road.  Running procmon/wireshark trying to figure out where this thing is failing.

Appreciate any update anyone might have!

System event log consists of LTSvcMon starting and then stopping repeatedly.

Event ID 7036 'LabTech Monitoring Service entered the running state.'

followed immediately by

Event ID 7031 'LabTech Monitoring service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this x times(s).'

procdump doesn't generate a dump file but here is what happens when I run the installation.

image.png.ddc7976f050d5889f6cde473b2fa7612.png

Edited by LazySherpa

This registry setting specifically increases logging for LTErrors.txt (from LTSvc.exe) but it might impact LTSVCMon.txt also.

REM Increase Verbosity
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\LabTech\Service\Settings" /v "Debuging" /T REG_SZ /d "1000" 

REM Reset Verbosity to normal
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\LabTech\Service\Settings" /v "Debuging" /T REG_SZ /d "1" 

Maybe try increasing the logging and see if you can learn anything.

Other stuffs.. Uninstall the agent. Delete the %Windir%\LTSVC folder, %Windir%\Temp\_ltupdate folder, and the HKLM\Software\LabTech\Service registry key. (Also the WOW6432Node version if you find it).  Then try installing. Ensure that nothing creates the registry key or folders before the agent can install. After it installs, examine and raise the debugging level if needed.

The LTService on one of our Windows 2016 Server machines was also bouncing from a running to a stopped state, so, we followed DarrenWhite99's suggestions in the previous post and the instructions here to uninstall the agent:

https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/070/020/010

After a reboot, we installed .Net 3.5 (not previously installed on this server), downloaded the agent install msi, and reinstalled the agent. So far, the agent has been stable.

We are having the same issue on 2x 2012 Server and 1x SBS2011.
All of them have .net 3.5 enabled.

CWA support has tried to repair the agent and took logs a few times.

They also tried to repair .Net, but so far no change.

The last recommendation was to uninstall all .net and start from scratch. I haven't had the motivation yet to do that, as I expect it will break the SBS and the Apps on both of the 2012 Servers.

Right click LTSvcMon.exe and go to properties
GO to certificates and view the properties of sha1, if its not trusted follow these steps:

https://secure.globalsign.net/cacert/Root-R1.crt

Install this cert in your computer store
Don't let windows choose a spot
Manually set it to Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

This fixed our issue.

OR
Set this key to 0: HKLM\Software\Policy\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\DisableRootAutoUpdate
Reinstall automate agent

Edited by Gjon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Gjon said:

GO to certificates and view the properties of sha1, if its not trusted follow these steps:

This fixed our issue.

Worked for ours that were having the issue as well.  Thanks!

Hi all,

this doesn't seem to work for my three machines. 

I don't even have the "Certificate" tab. The screenshot is from one of the 2012 Servers where I have the issue, but all three (1x 2008R2, 2x 2012) don't have the cert tab.

image.png.4b6951f1cc5e0f5d7cff36c779c9e955.png

On 2/15/2019 at 10:39 PM, Gjon said:

This fixed our issue.

OR
Set this key to 0: HKLM\Software\Policy\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\DisableRootAutoUpdate
Reinstall automate agent

You sir are my hero!!!

It's been 3 months trying to fix this problem and couldn't monitor a client sharepoint server. Connectwise unable to resolve... (they have not been able to resolve a lot of my issues recently)

Thank you so much!

Seeing as we are monitoring some machines that have either the downloading of root certs disabled by GPO or lack Internet access we found out we needed the cert as well.

The command line to import it into the correct spot is as follows: 

CERTUTIL -addstore -enterprise -f -v root "<location of cert>\Root-R1.crt"

• Thanks 2

Just ran into this with one of our client agent installs. First machine out of over 1600 to exhibit this behavior. Uninstalling the agent, downloading the cert and using the command line above to import it, then reinstalling the agent package worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone in this thread for your work!

190.110 requires the Root-R3.crt form the same site. 

CERTUTIL -addstore -enterprise -f -v root "<location of cert>\Root-R3.crt"

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 10:01 AM, cgauss said:

190.110 requires the Root-R3.crt form the same site. 

CERTUTIL -addstore -enterprise -f -v root "<location of cert>\Root-R3.crt"

Thanks for this both servers I've had to fix were version 190.110