noahb

Unsuccessful script to install IE11. Any help?

Hello!

Basically, I'm trying to create a script to remotely install Internet Explorer 11. I'm using a modified version of the Chrome Installer script.

The issue I'm running into is that the Chrome installer is a .msi file and I have not been able to find a .msi file to use for IE11 so I'm trying to substitute it with a .exe

Here's the script that I'm trying to run.

:IE11 Installer - Label
      Create Folder: %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\internet explorer 11
      DOWNLOAD:  https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/9/4/29413F94-2ACF-496A-AD9C-8F43598510B7/EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.EXE  saved to  %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\mircosoft\EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe  and wait until finish.
      IF FILE Exists  %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\mircosoft\EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe  THEN  Jump to :Install
            LOG:  Internet Explorer 11 on %computername% at %clientname% failed to install!
            Create New Ticket for %ClientID%\%ComputerID% Email:%ContactEmail% Subject:Internet Explorer 11 Install on %computername% at %clientname% failed!
            Exit Script
:Install - Label
      SHELL:  run /i %windir%C:\Windows\LTSvc\packages\internet explorer 11\EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress and store the result in %shellresult%
      Resend Software
      IF SOFTWARE INSTALLED %Internet Explorer%  THEN  Jump to :Success
            LOG:  Internet Explorer 11 on %computername% at %clientname% failed to install! Here are the results returned from the installer: %shellresult%
            Create New Ticket for %ClientID%\%ComputerID% Email:%ContactEmail% Subject:Internet Explorer 11 Install on %computername% at %clientname% failed!
            Exit Script
:Success - Label

LOG:  Installed Internet Explorer 11 on %computername% at %clientname%

What seems to happen is that it'll make the folder in the LTSVC directory and then just never download the IE11 installer. Not too sure what is happening or why it's happening.

Please let me know if you see anything that is incorrect or would cause this script to fail. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Update:

I've got the script to the point of downloading EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe by changing -

IE11 Installer - Label

DOWNLOAD:  https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/9/4/29413F94-2ACF-496A-AD9C-8F43598510B7/EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.EXE  saved to  %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\mircosoft\EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe  and wait until finish.

To - 

IE11 Installer - Label

DOWNLOAD:  https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/9/4/29413F94-2ACF-496A-AD9C-8F43598510B7/EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.EXE  saved to  %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\internet explorer 11\EIE11_EN-US_MCM_WIN764.exe  and wait until finish.

but still can't seem to get it to run the exe and install the program, unfortunately.

• Like 1