malloc1024

Enabling .net 3.5?

Has anyone found a way to use Automate to enable .net 3 on windows 10?

I know this command when run from an elevated command prompt will work: fondue.exe /enable-feature:netfx3 /hide-ux:all

But that doesn't appear to work when run through Automate... At least not on Windows 10.

Full Scenario: I have an install script to install a program that requires .net 3, msi file bombs if it's not installed. Script works on machines that have .net 3 installed already. I can remote into those machines and manually run the command to enable (these are non-domain machines mind you) but can't seem to get the command to work through a script, or even through the command prompt for a single machine.

I have tried using the command in the script as a "Shell" line and as an "Execute Script - Powershell" line both with the same result of nothing.

I've had problems doing this relying on the Internet as the source. Using Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -Featurename Netfx3 -Source <location to Windows CD SXS Folder> has worked successfully for me even running as SYSTEM from Labtech. The hard part is getting the source files down there.