Is there a minimum required (or recommended) version of ScreenConnect/Control (Server/Access Agent) and/or the related LabTech/Automate Plugin in order to use the "Use Control to Update your Automate Remote Agents" Utility?

Also, does ConnectWise have that utility "published" any where on their website? (Didn't see such a link in that Announcement.)

3 hours ago, KI_EricS said:

Is there a minimum required (or recommended) version of ScreenConnect/Control (Server/Access Agent) and/or the related LabTech/Automate Plugin in order to use the "Use Control to Update your Automate Remote Agents" Utility?

I had problems running the extension installer against anything older than Control v6.9.

Posted (edited)

While attempting to run the Executable I ran into the attached error for CW Control Version 6.9.21870.6964. And I have confirmed the password is correct.

Current Workaround: (Goal Update Janus.dll)

Copy Janus.dll (modify date 2/4/2019) to Labtech Server Web Frontend (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LabTech\Service)

Then within ScreenConnect run the following commands on all impacted systems:

taskkill /im ltsvcmon.exe /f & taskkill /im ltsvc.exe /f & taskkill /im lttray.exe /f
move c:\Windows\LTSvc\Janus.dll c:\Windows\LTSvc\Janus.dll.old
powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -command "iwr -outf c:\Windows\LTSvc\Janus.dll <FQDN>/labtech/service/Janus.dll"
sc start ltsvcmon & sc start ltservice

First time Poster... Thank you for all that you do with helping us and making this site my first visit when I am looking for a solution. Cheers! 

ControlExtensionInstall.png

Edited by Tokz
Remove personal info