troms

Patch 2019.3

Afternoon All we just updated to this patch yesterday and now no new Screenconnect control agents will install through labtech support has said it was a creeping up bug was just wondering if anyone found a work around in the mean time.

I am having the same issue and worked on it for quite a bit today. I did find that the installs are failing with the following error:
'Failing command since command code is tied to a plugin that does not appear to be loaded. Set lt_IgnorePluginCommandCheck template property to disable this check.'

I am not super great with that, but I did not find that specific property anywhere in the templates.

Yeah we have worked alot with support and our ticket has been sent to the developers so they can fix it, it seems it some miss match between labtech and Screenconnect as if you manually install the Screenconnect on a system it checks into the screenconnect server and you can connect there with no issues, but its inaccessible form our labtech with that same error

@troms @bigdog09, The plugin problems can be remedied by "updating" the connectwise control remote agent plugin from plugin manager and reloading the dbagent. Just grab the dll from the Automate server plugins folder. 

Edited by johnduprey

Chatted with CW support talked with Wai Wong.  Very nice guy, provided a simple solution and also stated this is a known issue and development is working on it.

Go to CW Control and download the Control Agent installer.  Run this on the computer that needs Control.  Then go back to the Control web interface and find the computer that you just installed the agent on.  When you single click on the computer you will see the URL will change, copy the last part of the URL (SessionGuid)

Also you need your Automate Agent ID (ComputerID) for this machine.

Now log into your Automate server and open up your database.  There is a table, plugin_screenconnect_scinstalled that needs to be updated to get the link in Automate to open up the correct Control connection.  The table layout is       ComputerID, IsSCInstalled, SessionGUID

Add 1 record for the computer with the above information in the table, and of course IsSCInstalled should be a 1.

Two people on Reddit are saying the latest version of the Control plugin, or reinstalling the Control plugin, fixes this...

Edited by SteveYates

Support confirmed for me that updated the Control plugin through Solution Center resolves it.  I completed this and can confirm the issue is resolved. 

However, agents that "missed" their Control install (between the time we deployed 2019.3 and the time we updated the plugin) need to have "Update Plugins" command run against them, which will force Control to install correctly. 

• Like 1