BlueToast

2019.3 LDAP integration login issues and questions

Posted (edited)

We got LDAP integration setup and working for all but 1-2 technicians (of 100). For whatever reason I am still trying to discover, I am unable to get this technician logged in with their Active Directory password in either the web client or desktop client. Their account is setup identically to the other 99 technicians.

When I set their password through Automate, they can login with that password once. After the first login attempt, their password is automatically changed (supposed to be Active Directory password, as it was for the other 99 technicians). However, neither the web client or desktop client are accepting the technician's Active Directory password. Their Active Directory account is not locked out. I'm banging my head on this.

(

EDIT: So we got the technician in, finally. This is the process we followed:

Try login twice to desktop client (kill LTClient.exe between attempts).
Try login twice to web client.
Reboot.
Do not open anything, open web client and login, and keep it open.
Login to desktop client.

For our other 98-99 technicians, two login attempts via desktop client is all it took to get in.

)

Other questions:

1. Is it possible to lock out an Active Directory account from too many failed login attempts via Automate web client or desktop client?
  2. Is the technician still able to login to Automate after their Active Directory account has been disabled?
  3. Is the technician still able to login to Automate after their Active Directory account has been deleted?
Edited by BlueToast

from our experience with 2019.3

Is it possible to lock out an Active Directory account from too many failed login attempts via Automate web client or desktop client? Yes I have seen this happen

Is the technician still able to login to Automate after their Active Directory account has been disabled? I have not tried this but i know if AD is locked out then they are blocked form logigng into labtech so i would imagine that is the case but should be of course tested

Is the technician still able to login to Automate after their Active Directory account has been deleted? Yes as the labtech account will remain active just not synced to AD

• Thanks 1