Kevin Carbonaro

Autojoin Search for Servers Excluding a specific Group

I have two groups A and B.

I would like to have Group A have an Autojoin Search for All Servers excluding any Servers which I would have manually added to Group B.

Although I can easily get a search working for all servers, I could not find a condition in the Search Editor to exclude any servers from Group B.

If the above is not possible and you know of a workaround I would appreciate it if you can share it?

Thanks,
Kevin

If I were doing this, I'd probably create an EDF checkbox and have both groups populate based on whether that EDF was checked or not.

Yeah, an EDF ("Group B Member" or whatever) sounds like an infinitely easier way to make this work. "IsServer = true, GroupBMember = false" is all the search you need for Group A at that point, especially since you say you're manually adding machines to Group B anyway.

If you don't want to open up a bunch of servers in the Computer Management view one at a time to set the EDF, make a quick one-liner offline script to flip that toggle, then you can multi-select servers and run that.

That sounds like probably the best option in this case and being able to modify them with a script would be a plus as well. This way I can avoid having to modify monitors whenever I need an exclusion.

Thanks,
Kevin