Reddime

Extra Data Field Null Check

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is probably a common issue, but I haven't been able to find much on it.

I'm writing a script to check an EDF for a value.  If it is Null, then I Generate a Random Password and store it in the EDF.

The problem is that I haven't found a way to check for a Null value.

I'm currently using a "Variable Check" against the variable that I stored my EDF in, with a blank compare field, but the test passes and the script continues as if it matched.

My script debugger does show the variable as empty.

image.thumb.png.91913aa45bb83b74e00ab66462e1f2c9.png

1: Set the EDF to have a default value. (Click in it, hit space and backspace, then save)

2: In your script, retrieve the EDF. Check if the value = or Not = (blank, just leave the second part empty)

If you haven’t set a default, the unassigned value is undefined.  If you set it to be blank as default, it WILL be blank if it hasn’t been set. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, DarrenWhite99 said:

1: Set the EDF to have a default value. Click in it, hit space and backspace, then save.

2: In your script, retrieve the EDF. Check if the value = or Not = (blank, just leave the second part empty)

If you haven’t set a default, the unassigned value is undefined.  If you set it to be blank as default, it WILL be blank if it hasn’t been set. 

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this afternoon.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, DarrenWhite99 said:

1: Set the EDF to have a default value. Click in it, hit space and backspace, then save.

This was the answer.  I hadn't set the default value of the EDF thinking I would be able to NULL check it.  Too bad Automate support couldn't tell me this. :P 

Edited by Reddime