Uncle Dave

Querying fields in Manage configurations from my automate script

I feel like this should be FAQ but I've wasted a lot of time finding nothing.

I have connectwise manage and automate.  I don't know the details but they are linked, we can get alert tickets, etc.

I want to write a script on automate that looks into the client configurations on manage to get certain variables.  How do I do this?

Specific example:  I have a working automate script to add a vpn connection.  How do I expand the logic so it knows which customer the agent is under?  Then query the vpn configuration for said customer and gather the host and secret key?

To query Manage, you would need to use the Manage API. There’s not really a simple way to do this in an Automate script. Putting information into Automate EDF’s, or retrieving a credential stored as an Automate password is very doable. You would just need to populate the information. 

Just to expand on what Darren's talking about, you'll need to use the Field Mapping tab of the CWM plugin to bring Configuration Questions/API results into EDFs. I like this route because I prefer to keep my techs out of the Passwords tab of LT..