Sign in to follow this  
kingtudd

Auto power on with Dell Command Configure

Posted (edited)

I've got Dell Command Configure automatically configuring the BIOS  to turn on all Dell desktop workstations at 11PM.

I've been using this for a few years to help with stubborn users that think they should power off their machines at night.  Helps with after-hours maintenance tasks.

The Automate side of it is pretty simple, search that finds Dell workstations that aren't portable tied to an auto-join group.  Then a check to see if the software is already installed, run the install if it's not, then regardless if it's installed I run the command line version of the software cctk.exe and pass it arguments.  The bit that took a little research was the arguments but the documentation of the utility is quite good.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=2krxv

Silent install: %windir%\System32\msiexec.exe /i %windir%\LTSvc\packages\DellCCTK\CommandConfigure.msi /qn

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Dell\Command Configure\X86_64\cctk.exe" --autoon=everyday

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Dell\Command Configure\X86_64\cctk.exe" --autoonhr=23

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Dell\Command Configure\X86_64\cctk.exe" --autoonmn=0

You'll need logic in there to run the X86 version instead when needed, it's the same path except "...\X86\cctk.exe"

Edited by kingtudd