Sellis

How to get a license count in CW Automate

Hi All,

I have gone over my allotment of CW Automate licenses. The desktop client stopped counting once I hit 250.

Can anyone tell me how to get a hard count of the number of endpoints installed?

Thanks,

Steve

1) Installed agent count is at the bottom of the Control Center window.  If it stopped at 250, I'm guessing that's how many licenses you own.

2) On the CWA server, Control Center > Help > About shows active and total licenses.

3) SQL queries to count the number of entries in the computers table.  Total license count is stored in DynamicClients in the config table.

4) CW University > Support > Automate Resources > My Server Dashboard.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. It only shows total licenses purchased and active. Both say 250.
It doesn't show my overage.

I'm going to try this next. I'll leave some feedback here if it works.

You have zero overage.  No agents can register when you hit the limit. (No soft cap, no grace window).

I think there may be a place (a table or a log file) where failed signups (registrations) are recorded, but even when you get more licenses they still have to signup before you will see them as agents. 

Pretty much, you just have to stay ahead of it. That monitor you found can help warn when you are running out in the future. 

Hi Darren,

Everything I've seen and heard leads me to the same conclusion. I spoke to my connectwise rep and opened a ticket with support. Both gave me the same story.

My rep said it's something that has been requested many times and its under consideration. So, I pretty much got the standard sales rep blow-off.