Bud

Moving from Solarwind to Automate

We are new to automate and are looking for a way to script the installer in solarwind to push out to all of our current clients.  i have not been successful at this thus far.  any help or guidance is appropriated.

Thanks in advance,

Frustrated tech

2 hours ago, Bud said:

We are new to automate and are looking for a way to script the installer in solarwind to push out to all of our current clients.  i have not been successful at this thus far.  any help or guidance is appropriated.

Thanks in advance,

Frustrated tech

Easy Button - Use whatever tool you have to run this:

"%windir%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" "(new-object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://bit.ly/LTPoSh') | iex; Reinstall-LTService -Server https://yourserver.com -LocationID XXX"

AMAZING!  as hesitant as i was to run some random script off the internet from a stranger i did it it a test machine and Bam! worked like a champ.  Going to load it up to solarwind and deploy.  Darren you are the man!

7 hours ago, Bud said:

AMAZING!  as hesitant as i was to run some random script off the internet from a stranger i did it it a test machine and Bam! worked like a champ.  Going to load it up to solarwind and deploy.  Darren you are the man!

To be clear, you can and reasonably SHOULD download the .ps1 yourself, perform a due diligence review, and host it from a trusted repository. The command can easily be changed to pull the .ps1 from any location. The bit.ly shortcut is a convenient way to get the file from the master branch of the github source.