Sign in to follow this  
PengembaraAbadi

Port 75

Hi, 

I just onboarded with hosted Automate. I've been having issues with alerting since day one. I currently have Tier 3 looking at my issue. Tier 3 support asking whether or not UDP Port 75 is opened on all these endpoints. Does Automate require Port 75 to be opened in order for tickets to be created for alerting? 

It doesn’t use the port for communicating tickets, alerts, etc. It uses UDP port 75 for heartbeats.(It’s plainly in the documentation)

The offline monitor alerts when heartbeats stop. That doesn’t work if heartbeats never started because the port was not open. 

On 5/31/2019 at 4:14 AM, PengembaraAbadi said:

So, I have to open port 75 on the customers' firewall in order to make it to work as you described it?

It’s a UDP punch, like a DNS query. You allow it in one direction and a stateful firewall will allow a reply for 15-30 seconds or something.., You just need to permit outbound traffic to UDP port 75. The server will reply right away if it has a response for the agent. 

On 6/3/2019 at 11:04 AM, DarrenWhite99 said:

It’s a UDP punch, like a DNS query. You allow it in one direction and a stateful firewall will allow a reply for 15-30 seconds or something.., You just need to permit outbound traffic to UDP port 75. The server will reply right away if it has a response for the agent. 

I finally got this issue resolved. The issue with this Port 75 is not on our customers' firewall. Yes, there are some servers that are filtering Port 75 outbound. But even after we configured rules for outbound Port 75 to my hosted Automate server only, it still did not work. Finally, I re-opened the ticket to request to restart Ltredirector service on the hosted Automate server, whereas a competent Tier 3 took over my ticket. It turned out that the firewall rules on the hosted Automate itself did not have rule for UDP Port 75.

• Sad 1