Jump to content
KKerezman

Relationship Troubles - Parent, Child, and no returns

Recommended Posts

Hello, neighbors.

I'm still only a few months into this Automate experience. I spent the morning going over https://www.gavsto.com/labtech-report-center/ (missing images and all) as well as what I can grok of the DevExpress docs online. All this so I can make a single-table report to show which machines have what CrashPlan versions installed.

(Can this be done in a Search? KIND OF, but as soon as you do Application Match you lose the ability to get anything under that match group into the Excel results, grr, argh. Can it be done in SQL? Maybe but I'm not a SQL guy and we're Hosted so our access to SQL is very limited. Can it be done in a Dataview? Boy wouldn't a non-wonky Dataview editor be nice!)

Anyway: Instead of adding new forehead-shaped dents to my wall, I'm here to see if anyone can nudge me in the right direction. All I really want, at the moment, is to make it so I can get the computer name to match up to a computer ID in my little software installed-version table. I have two Queries in my Data Source Editor:

  1. CrashPlan Software - Source: 'software', Where SQL: Name like '%CrashPlan%', Included columns: ComputerID, Name, Version, DateInstalled. Basically this does work! And if I didn't mind looking up agent ID numbers I wouldn't need to tie into the other table, but I do mind so I do need the other table.
  2. Client Computers - Source: 'computers', Included columns: ComputerID, Name, ClientID.

I have a parent/child relationship tied to the ComputerID field. Great, but no matter what I do, regardless of which I make the Parent and which the Child, when I try to bring in computers.Name and/or computers.ClientID I get either the first result repeated or blank results. Is this just brokenness in the Report Designer or am I fundamentally misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dataviews -> Software -> Full Software Listing.
Right click the column header and select Field Chooser, make sure that you have the "App Version" and "App Name" columns, as well as the "Agent Name".
Put "CrashPlan%" in the "App Name" column and click "Search".

When you have what you want: Options -> Export all to Excel.

You can do this in less time than it takes to restart Control Center after it crashes trying to work on a report.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well of course I was coming at this the long way 'round. Adding the Client Name column to your instructions got me what I needed. (I didn't mention the Client Name requirement in the original post because I hadn't even gotten as far as the Computer Name, and figured if I could solve that then the client info would be solvable through a similar method.)

May Washu-sama bless you and keep you, good sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...