jheninger

Agent Offline in Automate but Online in Control

We use Automate version 12 and Control.  Over the past few months, we have seen a growing number of Automate agents becoming corrupted and going offline.  At the same time, we are finding those same agents are in fact online and their Control (Screen Connect) session is active.  With that said, is there a way to setup something in Automate that would alert us if an agent is offline in Automate but is still online in Control?  That way we would know that we need to repair the Automate agent on those computers.

I have the same problem, especially when we do major jumps in LT/Automate versions.  Going from 11 to 12 to 2019 has always meant that agents get left behind if they were not online within a short period after the upgrade. EG: All those spares and school computers turned off for the summer.

If anyone has recommendations for solutions that are not in Alpha, I would really appreciate it.  We also do not have API developers, so something that works by importing into Automate or Control would be fantastic.  I cannot believe we are alone in this, and without a solution that is not manual... 

Thanks! 

@adelamora I too suffer from this issue. I used @mike_judd s solution this morning and cleared all but 5 broken agents. I am not an API developed either and it wasn't all that difficult. Just issue a few commands in powershell. If you want to see a list of all the devices that are broken, you can run Get-AutomateComputer -Online $False | Compare-AutomateControlStatus | Export-Csv -Path "SomeFilePath.csv" once the powershell modules are installed and see them all in a pretty little CSV file and go from there.

The AutomateAPI is going to be a lifesaver for me.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, mikeestes said:

@adelamora I too suffer from this issue. I used @mike_judd s solution this morning and cleared all but 5 broken agents. I am not an API developed either and it wasn't all that difficult. Just issue a few commands in powershell. If you want to see a list of all the devices that are broken, you can run Get-AutomateComputer -Online $False | Compare-AutomateControlStatus | Export-Csv -Path "SomeFilePath.csv" once the powershell modules are installed and see them all in a pretty little CSV file and go from there.

The AutomateAPI is going to be a lifesaver for me.

So how do you set this up so it is more automated? Were you able to connect this to a monitor of some sort, or save it to an EDF? Would something like this be possible, and where would it be run? (I know, this might be a lot, but I figured this would be something two products call Automate and Control could do...)

1. Scan for out-of-sync agents, save in some file or variable.
  2. Tell Control to run a script on each agent that does:
    1. Restart services, wait to see if they start.
    2. Remove and re-install agent (generic agent is fine) if services do not start.
  3. Generate ticket if Control was not able to fix the Automate agent.
  4. Remove this agent from file or clear the variable if successful.