gerrick

Microsoft Teams install script

Installing this app is killing me. Does any one have a script that works and you're willing to share? Your assistance is appreciated. 

Using this for install: msiexec.exe /i "C:\Windows\LTSvc\Teams\Teams_windows_x64.msi" /qn

It does work locally if I open a CMD as admin.

Edited by gerrick
didn't say thx.

Not a direct solution but try the 32bit version. I attempted to deploy the 64bit package for a long time and it simply would not work, whereas 32bit installs perfectly fine using the command you've pasted. Microsoft suggests it should work the same for both packages but that's not our experience and our ticket is still open with them.

We install almost all of our extra apps with Chocolatey, seems to work very well. 

I can export the install function and the a sample script that passes the various variables like app name.

You need to run your Automate script with Console shell.

Start the script with "If console logged on".

If user logged on - continue.

If not. Exit script or schedule a re-run.

If user is logged on run the exe or msi with Console shell [Commands and install parameters] on %consolenumber% and it will install Teams.

Forgot to mention that the above is for the .exe file and not the teams wide installer (msi).

It will only install Teams for the user currently logged in.

I have a working script for MS Teams wide installer (all users) that we deploy with Automate if anyone want it I can share.

Just tell me how you want to get it delivered :)

On 3/26/2020 at 7:51 AM, aXz said:

I have a working script for MS Teams wide installer (all users) that we deploy with Automate if anyone want it I can share.

Hi, please send a link of it to me if possible; jibz14@yahoo.com thank you so so much. 

On 3/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, aXz said:

Hi, please send me a copy of your MS Teams wide installer (all users) script to uj@novaram.dk, thank you.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:51 AM, aXz said:

Please share this with me as a PM!

On 3/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, aXz said:

Hi, can you send me a copy as well? PM Please!

On 3/26/2020 at 2:51 PM, aXz said:

Yes please, would love a copy.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:02 AM, aXz said:

Here is the script.

This has worked great for us. Just add your own e-mail for the ticketing creation in the script.

Microsoft Teams Wide Installer.xml 2.87 kB · 8 downloads

Do you have to implement a reboot so that Teams gets fully installed? We have been trying to implement a Teams install with a reboot and the reboot script we have is super inconsistent for some reason. It would be great if the MSI did not require a reboot.

1 minute ago, bmorgan623 said:

Do you have to implement a reboot so that Teams gets fully installed? We have been trying to implement a Teams install with a reboot and the reboot script we have is super inconsistent for some reason. It would be great if the MSI did not require a reboot.

To be more specific, Teams does not show up in the apps or on the desktop until after the reboot.