myordy

Automate Control Center Speed Issues

Has anyone came across or know of a way to speed up access to the Automate Control Center?

I previously ran the Control Center directly on the cloud server and it was snappy.

Now that we have been excluded from direct access to the cloud server, I'm finding that the Control Center is quite sluggish, especially when working Tickets (Service Desk > Tickets)

I've confirmed that we are on the closest geographically located cloud instance and that that cloud instance shows the lowest latency from our location. I've also tried multiple machines without any improvement.

We  moved on premise because of the performance issues. If you want to remain cloud, you could create an AWS VM in the same region and run the control center in there

On 7/30/2019 at 12:43 AM, srw_oia said:

We  moved on premise because of the performance issues. If you want to remain cloud, you could create an AWS VM in the same region and run the control center in there

Thank you for the idea - I'm testing this out and so far the performance improvement is promising.

Hi all,

What sort of agent counts do you guys have? We're considering going the other direction. We currently have Automate hosted in Azure but it's become quite costly. We run just shy of 1,500 agents. It seems the hosting prices with CW have become quite cost effective.

What sort of speed issues are you seeing? When I load our Control Center it takes about 35 seconds to load.

Care to share more details on the speed issues?

On 10/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, avdlaan said:

What sort of speed issues are you seeing? When I load our Control Center it takes about 35 seconds to load.

Care to share more details on the speed issues?

So we moved to CW Cloud on December 5. So far our experiences with it have been good. It's just as fast as it was when we were running it on-premise and a bit faster than when we were running it in Azure.

Loading of the Automate Control Center still takes the same amount of time (35 seconds).

We've just saved $1,000/month on Azure fees and our staff can't tell the different. We're hosting both CW Control and Automate in the ConnectWise Cloud.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, avdlaan said:

When I load our Control Center it takes about 35 seconds to load.

It isn't fast to load, but I have found that having only one user class per user seems to improve startup speed and greatly improves stability.

FWIW I've also read the new-new web interface (fqdn/automate) is much faster, but I haven't really used it. (used to, when it worked on a phone...)