Sign in to follow this  
tscheuing

Custom Message Box

Not sure why I was slacking and didn't post this earlier, but here it is finally. :)

This custom message box is designed as a replacement for the built-in CWA message box used for reboot prompts. However, it allows you to customize the colors, message, buttons, actions from the buttons, and responses from those buttons so that you have a better handle on the user response (or lack thereof). This is a standalone EXE that you would transfer via script from your CWA server using the File Download function.

https://squattingdog.net/custom-message-box/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This looks awesome. I'm so glad I came across this since I had this as a task in Jira for something I'd need to do to help with reboot prompts.

You're awesome for sharing this!  😀

Hello-

Came across this as we as well as others, have a need to send out of the norm notifications to our ends users that are not general maintenance reminders.  I downloaded the zip file, and have configured my script to look to see if the file exists and if not then to copy it over to the destination machine.  I am storing the file in the C:\temp and attempting to run it via shell and also via execute process with the arguments that i want to return but it is not running as expected.

I can run this manually with elevated command prompt and i can see the message but when i run either of options (shell /execute) it returns a running status but no message prompt is present.  My script just calls for the Shell c:\temp\CustomMessageBox.exe

@mikey090tx I haven't tried this yet but you are probably having problems if you run with just shell.  You need to run shell as the logged in user. 

1. se the script function "IF Console Logged On". Leave the username blank, then tell it what label to go to if a user IS logged in like :loggedOn
  2. After your :loggedOn label, insert another line and use the script function "Console Shell", put your command in the command text box, then fill out the Console Number box with %consolenumber% (which now = the console number of the user detected to be logged in from step 1)
Edited by Mathesonian