RobinLefler

Recovery Partitions - messing with alerts and reports

Support agent didn't have an answer and recommended checking out MSP geek - so here I am.

Recovery Partitions are creating alerts (full drive or in this case, partition) and I have been toying around with executive reports and the stats like drive performance, Top 2 At-Risk and I think 1 other item are all off (bad scores). Support offered no built in way to have Automate ignore those drives.

My thought was to simply remove the drive letter for those recovery partitions on each computer ... but we have thousands of computers in automate that have recovery partitions and I really don't want to do that manually.

any ideas for a cleaner way to address?

TYIA

I think they are. I tried to figure out how to ignore certain drive letters and got nowhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

You may create a monitor set that will give you the information about how many machines having a recovery partition and it will also contain a drive letter name.

How large are these partitions? The built in monitors typically ignore drives <=16GB. If the executive reports can be altered to skip those also, it may resolve your issue. 

We found after reviewing the recovery partitions that they all contained a volume name that we could exclude from reports and alerts. I didn't think about @DarrenWhite99 recommendation, which would cover the event that a manufacturer changes the name.