*Zac

LTAdmin account security

Hi all, I'm new to the game and just joined the community here.

Just set up 2FA for our user accounts on Automate, however the LTAdmin account is used by CW for testing and support, and therefore can't have 2FA enabled.

My thoughts are that if someone were trying to hack into your Automate instance, wouldn't they try to access with the main LTAdmin account? Therefore, what is the point of enabling 2FA on all the other accounts when the default account (which would be the obvious choice to attack) doesn't have it?

Also similar thoughts on the CW Control instance with the user AutomateInt - same issue, we can't enable 2FA.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this.

All of my tickets for the past year have been Control sessions where the CW tech connects to my computer/server and guides me through doing the troubleshooting (occasionally taking control themselves).

I've never seen either of those accounts.  (Are you hosted?)  I'd say those accounts could be disabled.  If they do need access to those accounts, enable them when you're ready and disable when they're done.

Posted (edited)

I put MFA on those accounts. If Connectwise needs access, I am happy to give it to them with a Control session.

Edited by mpierce

Not to hijack this thread, is the LTadmin account only used by CW support? I was thinking of making the same change, but was unsure if that account was used for any internal functions.