tobinc

LT Powershell Script not running on all machines

Evening

I have created a few CMD and PS scripts the past few weeks and I have run them with mixed results.  I will attempt to give you as much information as I can and hopefully you all can point me in the right direction.  

Todays script was a basic PS script that creates a VPN connection.  The thought behind the script is to prevent techs from having to manually login and setup the VPN connection, obviously, while preventing mistakes during the process.    After creating the script I ran it locally through Powershell on my computer and it worked every time.  I then made a Script inside of LT, one powershell as user and another powershell as admin for testing purposes, and ran it on several machines and only on 1 of those machines did it actually create the VPN connection.   I also ran it in Powershell in the webclient, it returned results that the VPN connection was created but it in fact did not show up, not after a reboot nor do i see any entries for it in registry.     

I am not an expert with Automate nor with scripting in general. I am wondering if this is an issue with my credentials.  I do not seem to have issues running other built in scripts or patching.   Please let me know what other information might be useful to help you narrow this down. 

Thanks in advance.

Connections are normally per-user. When YOU run the script locally, you see the result. When the script is run as SYSTEM, or as the Administrator, unless you are logged in as that user you probably will not see the connection.  It is possible to assign a connection as shared among all users, you would need to verify that this is being configured in your command.

If the script really needs to run as the logged in user, use the "Console Execute" script function (while the user is logged in).