Michael Diaz

Kaseya VSA Connection Gateway

We are new to automate and we used Kaseya VSA for a long time, we are a fan of their Connection Gateway which is the Public IP of the machine on where it's checking in. Is there a way in Automate to gather this information else where?

Thank you

This is logged as "Router Address" within Automate. it can be found under Show Details on the individual Computer Management screen or can be found using the Assets Dataviews to add the column.

13 hours ago, hallister2 said:

This is logged as "Router Address" within Automate. it can be found under Show Details on the individual Computer Management screen or can be found using the Assets Dataviews to add the column.

Thanks for the response, is that field automatically populated?

13 hours ago, hallister2 said:

image.png.acdc29c0b027d1b97e8fcd3c281b2df7.png

I checked it and it's showing the default gateway which is a firewall, ideally we are looking for the firewall's public IP. 

Try looking at another computer @Michael Diaz.. I suspect you are seeing a NAT loopback, or you are SNATing incoming packets. That should be the agent’s IP as the server sees it (which would normally be the agent’s public IP).

1 hour ago, DarrenWhite99 said:

Try looking at another computer @Michael Diaz.. I suspect you are seeing a NAT loopback, or you are SNATing incoming packets. That should be the agent’s IP as the server sees it (which would normally be the agent’s public IP).

So i look in to Dataviews and found the other location's Router Address is the public IP of the firewall. I'm wondering why my main location is showing the private IP of the firewall and not the public. We are still in the implementation so we still adjusting.

image.png.d1411072de7de83c84e8d87c89c5ac1e.png

UPDATE: I install agents to machines in two of our locations and both of them have the Router Address as the Firewall's public IP. Not sure why our main site have private IP

Edited by Michael Diaz
Updates

If your "main site" is where your automate server lives (or VPN Tunnels included) then this is working as expected. Traffic doesn't hit the internet IP so it will show the firewall.

18 minutes ago, WesleyNZ said:

If your "main site" is where your automate server lives (or VPN Tunnels included) then this is working as expected. Traffic doesn't hit the internet IP so it will show the firewall.

Yeah, that explains. Thanks all!