SteveYates

Automate not updating agreement quantities in Manage

CW has confirmed and escalated this.  It seems that (maybe with CWM 2019.5?) if the Billing Information section of an agreement doesn't have the company selected, the quantity won't update on agreements for things like Managed Workstations.

I was also told that in addition to the Billing information section, if you want your additions to be updated whether or not the agreement has an open invoice, then the agreement must have the Prorate box checked.

24 minutes ago, toril said:

agreement must have the Prorate box checked.

Hmm, the "Prorate Agreement" checkbox?  That wasn't necessary for us.  But immediately upon adding the bill to company we could right click and sync from the Manage plugin.  (worth noting that configurations would sync in, just the quantity wasn't updating)

Yes, that's what I was told. We were also having issues of some configurations not syncing, but the problems were VERY inconsistent. Some clients would sync up fine, others were just failing to update quantities under additions, and still a few others were syncing quantities but not creating configurations. The prorate checkbox was the first fix I was given, and while it fixed the issue for some of the sync problems, it didn't fix them all. (BTW, the effected clients were not all using the same agreement type, so the problem wasn't restricted to just one agreement type.) 

From my support chat on 10/9/2019:

03:02 PM - cxxxd: it can only do it when there is an open invoice on the agreement
03:02 PM - cxxxd: if there isnt it has to be prorated

While that suggestion helped it didn't fix all my problems so I had them keep the ticket open. During a later phone call with a different support tech I mentioned the prorate again, and again was told that information was correct. If your agreement has an open invoice, then the prorate checkbox doesn't matter, but if there is no open invoice and you want additions to update, you must prorate.

I guess the bottom line is if the configuration and quantities sync isn't working, there is no open invoice, and you've confirmed the Billing Information section of the agreement is populated, then try prorating the agreement and syncing again.