Hi Guys,

Trying to get some ideas and thoughts on how everyone has there CW Automate Deployment & Defaults - Login to use for Administrator Access configure.

Fairly used to CW Automate after 1+ year plus using the system and I am trying to make minor improvements in our CW Automate environment.

This post is to do with using domain admin details in the Deployment & Defaults - Administrator Access. I would like to use local admin credentials instead of Domain admin credentials in the Deployment & Defaults - Administrator Access. This works great for our cloud based tenants no on-site servers, however I am struggling to find an ideal solution to facilitate the use of local admin details for clients with Domain servers. As you might know DC's cannot have local admin details configured on the server so finding a one fit all solution has been a pain.

I thought about creating a new location for each client and have the servers in there or the DC but that might mitigate the issue of domain admin used for all devices, however my main aim to remove domain admin details from Automate entirely.

Looking forward replies and ideas.

Thanks

I understand your goal, however, we leverage domain admin creds to do things across the network like run shutdown.exe, sc.exe or psexec.exe, or the probe agent push.  Just pointing out there are benefits.  Most other times admin creds are not needed since the agent runs as localsystem.

I haven't tried it but if you use the ".\username" format on a DC will it try to log in with "domain\username" like it does on a PC?  ("thispc\username")

@SteveYates

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you however due to security concerns I was wondering if there is better way to maintain the service accounts used by Automate.

When I use the .\username format on a dc it still tries to login as Domain\username.

I think we missed a trick here, we use our domain admin details as the Service Account for Automate. I might look into creating new domain admin service accounts to be strictly used by automate.

Thanks