KyotoUK

Install OneDrive

Hi All,

I was past back to here by support as they run out of supported options. We have lots of machines and i want to push OneDrive out to all machines, ideally without any popups, leaving the user with a gray cloud on taskbar to enter details when requested.

We have a script setup to download the onedrivesetup.exe file from our website and store it under LTSVC under %WinDir%, once this downloads the script then triggers the install and sends the software inventory back. I have a test machine that i have managed to install this on previously and since uninstalled it from the machine.

The script starts, goes through and the process onedrivesetup.exe starts on the target machine. After 10minutes it goes and then it doesn't look like it's installed. but no joy.

Things i have tried
- Disabled AV
- Rebooted
- I can #whoami from connectwise to the machine
- OneDrive is downloaded
- Shell CMD has /silent at the end for the exe.

Script Log
The Script(423) was successful in the Else section.

Script: S423 - Starting at Server Time: Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:25:39 PM
IF F62 AppName (P1): %OneDrive%   Jump (P2):  T: 0.5780689
L1 F139 Note (P1): :DownloadOneDriveEXE T: 0.5780689
L2 F154 Folder (P1): %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\Microsoft\OneDrive T: 0.5780689
L3 F19 URL (P1): 'URL REMOVED'   LocalFile (P2): '%windir%\LTSVC\Packages\Micros...'   Wait (P3): 0 T: 18.6407791
L4 F114 File (P1): '%windir%\LTSVC\Packages\Micros...'   Check (P2): 0   Jump (P3): :Install T: 38.7346155
L8 F139 Note (P1): :Install T: 50.7816653
L9 F16 Shell (P1): %windir%\LTSVC\Packages\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveSetup.exe /silent T: 50.7816653
L10 F29 Message (P1): OK T: 221.6111309
L11 F54  T: 221.6111309
L12 F120 App (P1): %Microsoft OneDrive%   Jump (P2): :Success T: 235.689346
L13 F29 Message (P1): 'OneDrive on COMPUTER NAME at *ORG NAME failed to install! Here are the results return...' T: 235.689346
L14 F129 Jump (P1): 0 T: 235.689346

Script.jpg

I am not 100% sure but don't think you can install onedrive via CWA

onedrive needs to be installed in the user context, it gets installed into the users %appdata%

The script will be running in its own context. The script is probably working but the user will not see onedrive due to it being in the wrong context/user account

You probably need to install to do it via a startup script or GPO instead.

15 hours ago, gary@mti said:

I am not 100% sure but don't think you can install onedrive via CWA

onedrive needs to be installed in the user context, it gets installed into the users %appdata%

The script will be running in its own context. The script is probably working but the user will not see onedrive due to it being in the wrong context/user account

You probably need to install to do it via a startup script or GPO instead.

This info may help.

I am not sure if this may help: https://www.gavsto.com/running-programs-scripts-as-a-logged-in-user-in-a-labtech-automate-script/

Basically it a good article that runs through running a script as the locally logged in user.

Cheers all, hopefully we can get it working as the 200 machines are stand alone and not on a domain.

I'll take a read.