Sign in to follow this  
Trouble

LT - Webhook / Callback

Hi
I am trying to work out how we get the LT server to send notification where a Monitor is triggered, either via REST, or if not via SOAP.

We setup monitors - and they show correctly when something is triggered, but have no idea how do we send that data out all of the LT server, ie webhook / callback. We need to send all alerts through, so would need a way that we dont need to go into each existing one, and also remember that has to be done for future ones too.

Thanks

When an alert is triggered you will want it to log a ticket.

Tickets should (already) be auto-sync'd to your favourite ticketing system. Do you use one outside of Automate?

Posted (edited)

@Trouble Assuming you are trying to send to something outside of the CW ecosystem or without integration.

What you want to do is build your JSON in a PostMan. They have an option to convert that to PowerShell. Then, have your Alert Template trigger a script that executes the powershell as a line in it. Monitor fails, triggers alert template, alert template sends the webhook.

Edited by ctg

On 3/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, ctg said:

@Trouble Assuming you are trying to send to something outside of the CW ecosystem or without integration.

What you want to do is build your JSON in a PostMan. They have an option to convert that to PowerShell. Then, have your Alert Template trigger a script that executes the powershell as a line in it. Monitor fails, triggers alert template, alert template sends the webhook.

Thanks, we are not using CW Manage.

We already integrate with CW Automate to see the endpoints etc etc. I came across LT tickets, and i can see that this can send an email,  guessing this is what we need to do at an API level, as i dont want to depend on emails.

With using an Alert Template, can we make it easy to do this on multiple LT servers? Ie we need a way that we can give some sort of script/xml to each partner to set this up. i see that othr integrations with LT offer a xml file to be imported - but i am at a loss as to where to find info on how to setup/build one of these xml files, and if it will do what we want on all alerts on that LT server.

Thanks