Jump to content
ivape

Bitdefender Deployment

Recommended Posts

We signed up for BD before we actually got automate and deployed all of our agents through the web. Now we want to deploy through automate so we have everything mapped correctly. The isseu with our deployment was (Company A has multiple sites, we have it setup where each site is its own company vs a location) we made one package against Company A and deployed to all of its locations. I now went back and created in BD all of the companies and want to redeploy this the correct way. 13k agents need to be redone here. The best way I cant think to do this is uninstall and redeploy (hopefully using the auto deployment feature in automate) 

Can anyone shed any light as to go about this? It took us close to 2 weeks to deploy the first time around and its going to be pretty upsetting to think we have to do this all over again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're talking about just redeploying at company A?  One can't move PCs in Bitdefender between companies so yeah deploying is probably your option.  Or, just leave it.

On the plus side auto deployment is pretty good/quick so you should be able to turn that on, uninstall/delete in BDGZ portal, run a resend system info and have the agent+plugin auto deploy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, in the process of trying to do this im noticing BD is not auto installing on alot of machines due to pending restart. They have been restarted. some have been restarted up to 4 times already yet its still failing the install. 

BD asked me to send logs and what not.

That's very good for a one off issue but I would like to know how to troubleshoot on my own. there are way to many failing with the same error and theres no additional info. Just cant instal due to pending restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, SteveYates said:

You're talking about just redeploying at company A?  One can't move PCs in Bitdefender between companies so yeah deploying is probably your option.  Or, just leave it.

On the plus side auto deployment is pretty good/quick so you should be able to turn that on, uninstall/delete in BDGZ portal, run a resend system info and have the agent+plugin auto deploy.

Do you have machines setup for auto deploy that say pending reboot and especially after they have been rebooted it still wont deploy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ivape said:

Do you have machines setup for auto deploy that say pending reboot and especially after they have been rebooted it still wont deploy?

Have not really seen that.  Sometimes if a competing product can't be automatically uninstalled it can continue to fail...?  Did you try downloading the stub installer from the BDGZ portal and see if it warns about anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveYates said:

Have not really seen that.  Sometimes if a competing product can't be automatically uninstalled it can continue to fail...?  Did you try downloading the stub installer from the BDGZ portal and see if it warns about anything?

dont think i came across anything by that name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In BDGZ portal, go to Packages, check that client's package.  Click Download Links.  Click Installation Links.  Copy the Windows Downloader URL and download it on the target PC (yes it needs the long name).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteveYates said:

In BDGZ portal, go to Packages, check that client's package.  Click Download Links.  Click Installation Links.  Copy the Windows Downloader URL and download it on the target PC (yes it needs the long name).

will try that but that kinda defeats the whole auto deploy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...