Duvak

Challenge: Custom Table Walk on iLO

Hi All,

Got a Challenge for some experienced engineers. Lets take a deep dive in the SNMP Collection tables in the Custom Table Walk.

I'm trying to collect info from iLO devices to gather disk info. I found the disk info is related to OID table 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1. So great! I can walk it and find the information I need. 
But now I discovered that the disk CONTROLLER can have an index on his own. So walking this oid results on one iLO this:image.png.8cb64987eef8989e638370491c36ba8a.png

But performing a walk on another iLO results in this: image.png.df9bd7cd58b4dcadad9becced790a3a4.png 

To safe you from searching:

The part after 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1 refers to the controller index (top 4, bottom 2) and AFTER the controller index, I get the disk indexes.
So using this collection template doesn't show any good result:image.png.04222ed81a6fe67e363dcd6dd121ef1d.png

I was hoping this would work:image.png.306a8fcfe675d0ce98b76f9582fe74ed.png

but it does not accept this format as an integer. So the big question: How do I get there to get the right information? Anyone out there with a great idea!?

I feel a GeekCast coming on for this one.... 

@Duvak - Hit me up in Slack and lets work something out, and once we have a working setup going... how about we co-host a geek cast and show people how to do this!?

I'm sure @kspooner won't mind either! :)

19 hours ago, MartynKeigher said:

@Duvak - Hit me up in Slack and lets work something out, and once we have a working setup going... how about we co-host a geek cast and show people how to do this!?

If only the network probe worked.....

On 4/15/2020 at 3:14 AM, MartynKeigher said:

ooohh.. cr*p. Slack... not familliar with that. Let me try to figure that out first

12 minutes ago, Duvak said:

ooohh.. cr*p. Slack... not familliar with that. Let me try to figure that out first

Ok, call me the stupidest man on earth but please tell me HOW i can reach you on Slack? 

Ok, call me the stupidest man on earth but please tell me HOW i can reach you on Slack? 

Hi Martyn,

Lets proove @kspooner is not right. I'm convinced the probe can do beautifull things and works well. This is not something the probe can't do but something that is poor design by HPe.
Please reach out to me to see if we can make this work. I can make time for it. Unfortunate I don't see how slack works. I hit the Slack tab on top of this page. Enter my name and mail and check the cw-automate channel and agree. But right after clicking Join now it tells me ERROR!!! channel_not_found