lgs141

Recurring Automate server log errors

Hey all. Migrated from single server to split server a few weeks ago. On the whole everything has seemed fine but we've had some Manage ticket sync issues which has made me review the server logs. I found a few recurring logs that suggest we have issues but to be honest I'm having a hard time verifying it's actually causing problems.

First set of errors from LTRErrors.txt, I searched and found a thread that suggested it may be an issue with the System password, but ours is the same as before as it was migrated with the old database. We are on split server but the user it mentions is currently allowed from % host. Heartbeat data generally seems to be OK from what I've checked. Seems to be logged every minute or so.

LTRedirSvc  v200.141  - 4/29/2020 11:04:36 AM     - Error writing heartbeat database results: Authentication to host 'SERVERNAME' for user 'asp_LabTech_1' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'asp_LabTech_1'@'SERVERNAME' (using password: YES), Access denied for user 'asp_LabTech_1'@'SERVERNAME' (using password: YES):::

Then these in LTSQLErrors.txt which seem to be caused the "test" tables having hyphens in the name. I don't recall ever creating any test tables.

LTAgent  v200.141     - 4/29/2020 4:31:24 AM      - ESQL You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-c59d6001-68cc-11e8-b09a-00155d4ad220' at line 1 ANALYZE TABLE test-c59d6001-68cc-11e8-b09a-00155d4ad220:::

image.png.3568f1a5bc70c6b9177c7a37e78640c9.png

Thanks for any input.

Hey @lgs

Did you open a CW Support ticket for this? Were they the ones who split your server? What process was followed for the splitting? Did you recreate both servers or just dump and import the database and update the connection strings on the application server? Aside from the log errors are you noticing any actual issues with anything? Random agents going offline or heartbeat not functioning properly?

@lgs141 user accounts in MySQL are host-specific -- so user@localhost is different than user@serverX. However, "%" is the wildcard character in MySQL (like * in other applications).

My asp_LabTech_1 was failing to login ~10/second for a while, and then a monthly .Net update roll up seemed to fix it (IIS side issue). 

I'm assuming you're on-prem. In that case I'd enable error logging for MySQL (add the following lines to your my.ini) and see what the DB sees. It's normal for the application to do "lazy" error handling for malformed SQL queries. If your server works and isn't crashing then you're probably alright

log-error = mysql_errors.txt
log_warnings = 2